Thread: COD: Black Ops Black Screen with a new problem

COD: Black Ops Black Screen with a new problem

I know that huge number of people have faced the black screen issue on their Call Of Duty: Black Ops which has been solved now. Even I was having a same problem which I have solved by following the given steps as follows.
    • Done SP3 Updates which I keep disabled most of the time.
    • Updated the nVidia Drivers
    • Reinstalled and updated my RealTek Drivers
    • Downloaded the new patch of the Steam.

But now it is showing some long errors which has something related to the DirectX and some more things. Please suggest me how to solve this error? error includes...
    • Invalid category ID found, returning first category.
    • Direct3DDevice9:: Present failed: Driver internal error (-2005530585)
    • And there are many No default item defined for loadout slot

Re: COD: Black Ops Black Screen with a new problem

I guess the error which you have got is due to the DirectX version installed on your machine. I think your system would be having an older version of the DirectX which you need to update to the latest one which will solve this problem. Though I am not so sure that it is only the DirectX which is causing this error as if there would something more then you may got an error for the same. But I am sure that it won't be including an error regarding the DirectX.

Even I have seen the same issue on my windows vista computer system which I have solved by installing the latest patch as this game was acquiring the 100% os CPU which was causing lagging and sometime crashing as well. But release of the new patch this problem got solved but then again I got one more problem which was due to the DirectX. I installed the DirectX 9.0C and the problem went away. But still I am not alone with my game, There are still some kind error on my machine which shows hourglass icon hanging on the main menu yellow mouse button which does not let me choose anything. Is there anybody who have got rid of this icon?

I guess you should try booting your windows machine from the Safe Mode which might solves this problem but make sure that the game is running well and there are no error left now. Once you have confirmed this then you have to reboot your system and then keep on pressing the F8 key which will show you the Windows Booting Options where you have to select for the Safe Mode to boot. Now start the Call Of Duty: Black Ops here and then check that icon is still there or not.

Actually the things which you have done in order to solve the problem are needs to be done before installing the COD: Black Ops. As you said that you were having an issues with the game then you sorted out some errors then you must have reinstalled the whole game which will configure all the needed settings properly for the game environment. Now I suggest you to reinstall the game and then check that is there any issues happening or not.