Thread: My ps3 has got the dreaded YLOD

My ps3 has got the dreaded YLOD

Hi i am having the PS3 and using it from the last few years. It has also served me the best earlier it was working fine but as not is has started giving me problems.The thing here is that whenever i start the particular game it hangs in between and the yellow light blinks. The game freezes in between the play and gives me the yellow light of death. the PS3 of mine is started giving me this problem again and again freezes on frequent basis. Please help me to solve this problem i don't know why this problem is occurring again and again. Does anyone ever has got this problem if yes then please help me to know what it is and how to get rid of the same.

Re: My ps3 has got the dreaded YLOD

I think you have to replace the PS3 that you are using with the latest and new. The thing here is that you are getting this problem since your play station has got too old. As mentioned by you that you are using this ps3 from more than a year or two so it may have happen that there are some problems in it programs. So what the best thing you have to do here is that just buy a new one or just repair. I hope it will help you to solve the issue.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there might be an hard disk problem with your Play station. It may have happen that the hard disk of the play station that you are using is corrupted and due to this it is giving you the yellow light of death. So what you have to do here is that replace the hard disk and then try and see whether the problem is occurring again or not i don't thing that it will creep again. And changing the hard disk will definitely help you to resolve your problem.

I think i can help you in this problem and also will make you sure that this problem all not occur again. Now what you have to do here is that unplug all cords from the PS3, and then try and plug all the cables again. what happens here is that some times if the cables are not connected properly then it hard for the play station to read the signals and as a results it gives you this problem.You have to check out the same for this with the LAN or Ethernet cables. Also the checkout with the Video and audio cables. Make sure that the RGB cables are connected properly. Just plug the power cable properly and see to that the power supply will not break in between. I am sure that doing this help you to resolve your issue.

I think you can solve this case by your own the thing here is that just go through the guide and solve the issues with the PS3. It also one of the cheapest and the efficient way of repairing it. What you have to do in this case is just that follow the steps as mentioned in the guide and the get rid of the problem. These steps you will get on the official site and will hep you to resolve your problem. Choosing this route gives you number of benefits they are as follows:
    • It is cheapest and no fee is required .
    • It is the method which will take an hour to give you the result
    • It will definitely solve your problem.
    • It is very easy process which will not need any extra knowledge.
    • Doing this will also help you to recover all your previous scores.

If you have to get rid of this problem then you have to fire a complaint to Sony. As Sony is the company who launched these Ps3. What you have to do here is that just visit the customer care center of Sony and let them know the problem that you are currently facing. I hope that they will solve the yellow light of dead problem of your PS3. I am sure that they will cooperate with you in this case and let you to resolve your issue.