Thread: Comparing PS3 To Processors And Graphic Cards

Comparing PS3 To Processors And Graphic Cards

I have been playing the PlayStation 3 games since long and I wanted to know that which VGA card can be compared with that in PS3 and also the processor. And also I have heard that they are releasing the Crysis on PS3 because it doesn't have enough power to run it. I am trying a new thing by comparing the current PC processors and graphics cards with the PS3. Please tell me a answer as to how can I perform the above query on to my desktop system.

Re: Comparing PS3 To Processors And Graphic Cards

Both are considered to be having a different architecture, from what the news is that you got to shell out a lot money and the program be compared to the hardware that will work in the simpler consoles like the xbox 360. But I have heard that the overall performance of all consoles currently out is definitely lower than high end PC's and it is going to be further lower for the PC's that has got the lower performance.

Their is a graphic processing unit called the RSX GPU in the PS3 and is literally a 7900GT at 550MHz with 8 ROP that has been disabled, and only 256MB of DDR3 1400MHz on a 128-bit memory bus. The Processor Unit is accustomed to IBM Power PC CPU and then it is completely unlike anything that you have ever seen, or likely will ever see in a desktop PC. And it is not always that necessarily faster or slower than what you could put in your desktop or might be just different. It uses the Power PC instruction set, and is an in order processor,and are always in the asymmetric order.

And also you got to check out the main core known as the PPU in the Cell which is basically considered to be the same as one of the cores in the Xbox 360's and Xenos CPU. The Cell in the PS3 also has 7 SPE's and 1 of the SPE's is reserved to the PS3 operating system, and so the developers really only have access to 6 of them. And if you were trying to do something that is required a lot of branch prediction, and also the semi-current desktop CPU which would beat the Cell. And where the Cell will show its power and also the compatible with the scientific applications which is due to its massive FP performance.

And if you going for the level play environment with both the Xbox360 and PS3 then it would be getting pounded by the current highest end hardware and on the market, and also it cannot be level playing field. And also the PC games are so being poorly optimized which are put into the comparison to something to you that will get on the Xbox360 or PS3, and also you you have to rely on the brute strength of your hardware that will compensate for the lazy coding. When you get towards the end of the Xbox360 and PS3 life cycle the gap between the PC and all the consoles are going to be huge and this is common if you try and keep all the same hardware for decades.

There is always a saying that the PC games are poorly optimized, and it is just that the devices are gone for increased clarity, that is having the features such as AA and super resolution. While you are optimizing a console game, it consists of using the every possible trick that is available in the book to make the game dirty and gritty to lower visibility and in order to render the fewest objects that is going to be possible. And if does not work then other great trick that they use in console FPS games is to have a very low vertical field of view. And every game seems like that you're going to play with cardboard box by putting it on your head. Also here the screen-shots are comparable across both platforms, but when you're trying to play a console game you can get the feel that is totally up to the struggle to play the most games. Also I had a thought that most players who have grown up playing super fast PC games like to play intensive competitive games on the consoles - such as RTS and FPS.