Thread: Can an ATI Radeon HD 5970 for Far Cry 2

Can an ATI Radeon HD 5970 for Far Cry 2

I am using the Intel Core i7 machine on which I am having a graphic support of ATI Radeon HD 5970. I would like to ask you guys that would it be possible to play Far Cry 2 on this machine without any problem as I have seen many people crying about the lagging while playing this game and I don't like to play game with the lagging so I just thought to ask you guys about the same. Can you guys tell me that will it be showing any lagging or not.

Re: Can an ATI Radeon HD 5970 for Far Cry 2

I have almost similar kind of computer specifications and I have tried playing the Far Cry 2 on core i7 machine. In my experience this game was running so smoothly that there was no need to do anything to improve the performance of this game. But I would like to add it that when I tried to play the Crysis on the same machine then it was showing some lagging. I don't know why, But it was not running as smooth as that of Far Cry 2.

It is not necessary that if you can play the Far Cry 2 smoothly on your machine then Crysis would be running in the same way. Actually both of these games consumes different amount of resources from your CPU and hence there would be difference in their performance according the resources they are getting on your machine. It seems that Crysis would be asking for more resources which makes it difficult for machine with the lesser ram to run this game smoothly.

The next time you play a FARCRY 2, before the launch, leaving open the Task Manager to view processes by ranking by percentage of CPU usage and thus when the problem occurs you have to press an ALT + TAB to verify that there is not any process that gene as a SHIFT or other software. Otherwise it may be that the game is installed on your HDD's defective sector, in this case the reinstalling can solve the problem and see if you still have the same problem after reinstalling or not.

It might be the virus as well which can hold down the resources of your CPU and hence other applications running on your machine gets slow and they might get crash as well. When your play any game on the machine which has any infected data then your game starts lagging and when that infected file occupies the most of the CPU usage all the other applications gets crashed no matter what kind of applications they are. So I suggest you to scan your whole machine by using any good anti virus software and remove all the viruses out of it.

If you have installed any service pack on your machine then also if that is an older one then this issue has been noted. Actually there was one user who have shared his experience with me which was having Windows XP installed on his machine along with the service pack 1. He was facing the same issue while playing the Far Cry on his machine. At the end he encountered the problem and installed the service pack 2 since then he never faced any lagging issue on his machine. So I would like to recommend you to install the latest service pack on your machine which also helps to get rid of this problem.