Thread: Performance issues while playing Fallout New Vegas

Performance issues while playing Fallout New Vegas

I have been browsing for some games and at the end, I have installed Fallout New Vegas on my machine. But when I tried to play this game then it was not running with the proper frame rates. So I just googled about the same and found that the most of the user are facing the FPS issues on the Fallout New Vegas. Can anybody tell me that how to increase the FPS for playing this game?

Re: Performance issues while playing Fallout New Vegas

I suggest you go trough the minimum system requirements for playing the Fallout New Vegas game. I guess your system won't be meeting all the system requirements due to which you are getting some low frame rates while playing this game. Possibly there would be some kind of problem with the graphic card as your system might not be having enough graphic memory which usually results in the game lagging.

I think you would be playing this game with the high graphic which can also result in the game lagging or you can say that low frame rates. I think you should try playing this game with the lowest setting which won't be giving you such low frame rates. And even if you are facing the same issue on the low graphic then there is no other way by which you can play this game without lagging. Still you may try it by overclocking your graphic card which can boost the performance of your graphic card as well as game.

I suggest you to go to the start button and then click on the Control Panel. here you would be having Device Manager where you have to select your graphic card on and check that is there any yellow exclamation mark or not. If there are any then you have to click on it and then upgrade the drivers for your graphic card which is also the biggest reason behind lack of support from the graphic card. It is the best way to install the latest driver for your graphic card from the device manager.

One more factor has been noticed which is the main cause behind the lagging of game. Actually many high graphic needed games acquires the high CPU resources and hence you should not be running any other application on your machine while playing such games. Suppose there are multiple applications running on your machine and you start this game then your CPU's resources will gets divided which won't be letting your game to use the enough resources and hence it starts lagging.

I think even crossfire is showing such issues as there are few users who all are facing an performance issue while playing the Fallout New Vegas. It seems to be strange that even after having two Radeon HD 5870 which gives some around 60-70fps and sometime it even drops to 50's and 40's. I guess all the users if the Fallout New Vegas needs to wait for next update patch released by the manufacturers.