Thread: CoD: Black Ops FPS lag with Nvidia GPU

CoD: Black Ops FPS lag with Nvidia GPU

I am having the Nvidia GFX Graphic card installed on my desktop system and I want to noticed that the people who has Nvidia card usually facing some frame dropping while playing the Call Of Duty: Black Ops. Though it is not the case with all of them but still major number of people are facing this problem. Is this frame rate issue happens with only Nivida cards or mostly with the Nvidia cards?

Re: CoD: Black Ops FPS lag with Nvidia GPU

First of all I would like to inform you that the lagging issue does not see any brand of GPU but the capacity of GPU. According to my knowledge, Nvidia has great graphic cards which can support even the latest games with the highest graphical settings. But the thing is that those GPUs are very much expensive and not found on every dekstop system. Anyway, You have not mentioned the full model number of your graphic card due to which it has became hard to know that your COD:Black Ops lagging is causing due to the lack of graphic card or something else. And keep in mind that not only Nvidia shows the lagging problem with the games, All the kinds of GPUs has these kind of problems.

It does not depends on the graphic card only to keep on going your high graphic game smoothly as it depends on the video driver which you have installed on your machine to pull out the maximum power from your graphic card. So the moral of the story is that your machine should be having having latest video drivers to support your graphic card. Here you have to be aware of the version of your operating system as it also depends on the version of your machine's OS as well as if it has a 64 bit version OS then 32 bit driver won't be able to pull out the maximum power out of your graphic card. You should first check it on an official website of Nvidia if there are any latest drivers for your card or not.

I am having a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX on my windows desktop system which is running Windows XP Pro and I don't thing that this machine has need to install the latest drivers as I am able to play the World Of Warcraft without any lagging on the same machine with almost similar settings. I am getting 20 frames per second while playing the Call Of Duty: Black Ops. I think I have to wait for the next patch which might be coming with the solution to these kind of problems.

If you are facing the lagging problem with the Call Of Duty: Black Ops then here I have found one more thread discussing about the same issue where you might find out the solution. This thread has discussion about the lagging on the COD: Black Ops when you try to play it with the multiplayer option. Though you might not be trying to play it with the multiplayer, But since the lagging issue does not consider the particular mode of the game unless and until there is some kind of mistake while coding the mode of the game. You can find out somee way which may be affecting in your case of lagging. You check it out HERE.

If your window system has all the needed hardwares to play the Black Ops on it then too you are facing the lagging while playing this game then I guess you need to wait for the next updates which will solve this problem. If you want to check that status of your graphic card then you can check about the same from the Device Manager where you have to select for the graphic card which you would be using while playing this. You have check that is there any exclamation mark or not which means that there is an update for your device and clicking on an exclamation will let you install the updates for the same. After doing this, You should check playing the game. And if you are facing any game lagging while playing it online then there comes an internet speed in the scene which could be the big reason behind lagging.