Thread: Epic lag in Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Epic lag in Call Of Duty: Black Ops

I have installed Call Of Duty : Black Ops yesterday on my Windows 7 desktop machine. I have checked that the minimum system requirements of this game which clearly says that it should be working on my windows system which has an Intel Dualcore 26600 processor and Geforce 8600GT graphic card with ram of 3 GB RAM. But when I am trying to play this game then this game lags in a great manner. I am just getting 5 frames per second while playing this game. And even in the Menu as well, frame rates were so slow.

Re: Epic lag in Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Possibly it seems like your system has every hardware which are needed to be installed on the machine in order to play the Black Ops but you should always remember that only having the hardware is not just enough to make them working. You machine might not be having latest drivers for the same installed on your windows 7 machine. I suggest you to check that your graphic card has latest drivers or not. Upgrading the windows 7 drivers seems to be solving this problem. Make sure that you have to you are installing the drivers as per the version of your windows operating system, I mean to say, Install the 64 bit version drivers if you are running windows 7 64 bit on your desktop.

I have read it on some forum that the new version of the Call Of Duty: Black Ops is acquiring the very much resources of the CPU and hence other programs running on the machine does not runs with the proper speed and it may face some crashes with it. But it is not like that only this game would be winning while acquiring the resources, It is obvious that the another process would be also trying to get some resources to make itself working which would be affecting on the game. So I suggest you to play this game only after quitting all the other applications running on your machine.

There are now quite powerful graphics cards, which could increase your gaming enjoyment significantly and do not cost so much more money. In addition, there are almost all motherboards in the BIOS or the option to disable on board graphics or by setting a jumper. But before you do something, you should uninstall the drivers of your old card, as this could lead to unpleasant conflict. So I think it would be helping you much to disable the on board graphic card which is obviously not applicable for playing this game.

Logic suggests that the greater the amount of ram used, the less we have to face the problems while playing it and even it helps with higher level performance gain in fps. But in reality the case seems to be odd as the gain is rather quite small, even insignificant. It just may save a few timid fps. I have seen few opinions which are very much divided: somebody argue that the best setting would be to use 66% (two thirds) of the ram, others says that 33% is best and many says that it should be 50%. This suggests that it changes from machine to machine, I invite you to test and find the setting that allows you to play with ease and any problems. The best would be to test increasing by increments of 32 mo (or 64, 128, 256 ... etc). Do not put all of your ram.

Default for games and other 3D applications, your screen goes into 60hz (hence the "click means that you hear when CoD opens if you listen carefully) and 85 on the desktop. But it depends on type of CRT, LCD, TFT and range of your screen. As per my knowledge some support a high frequency where as others shows some strange behaviors after changing it. It might happen that you'll have a headache and eyes, but the image will be sharp and up your resolution will be high on your desk when you increase the frequency of your screen. You have to find the best frequency based on your habits. It may be noted a small gain in fps when increasing frequency.
    CAUTION : Because some screen that do not support high frequencies! Download the drivers for your monitor to the manufacturer's website to find out how often your screen to be mounted according to the resolution before changing the order as an improper adjustment can cause serious damages to your screen!

Minimum requirements will allow you to play the game on the lowest settings,
    but Activision released a Patch via Steam that dramatically increased performance, try that