Thread: Not able to set Resolution manually for Jurassic Park: The Game

Not able to set Resolution manually for Jurassic Park: The Game

I have recently bought this Jurassic Park: The Game and I have been trying to set the resolution to 1680 x 1050 which I usually do but then the problem here that I am facing is that I am not able to get the drop box for the same and in order to get it I have to use the arrow keys. I don’t remember if I have changed any setting for the resolution which is not supported by my computer because I am not able to get the screen to change the resolution. So I just wanted to know that where will I find the config file and how can I get the drop down box and what should I do to manually change the resolution. Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to set Resolution manually for Jurassic Park: The Game

I have recently bought this Jurassic Park: The Game and I have been trying to set the resolution to 1680 x 1050 which I usually do but then the problem here that I am facing is that I am not able to get the drop box for the same and in order to get it I have to use the arrow keys. I don’t remember if I have changed any setting for the resolution which is not supported by my computer because I am not able to get the screen to change the resolution. So I just wanted to know that where will I find the config file and how can I get the drop down box and what should I do to manually change the resolution. Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    You can try to check for the prefs.prop and this is the config file and it should be at the place where you have your saved games and as far as I remember it is the place where it generally stays but then if you have changed the location and you don’t remember it then you can just enter the prefs.prop in the search and check if you are getting in the search list. I will like to inform you that it won’t be readable as it has some gibberish letter that we won’t be able to understand. Just check it out and then let me know if you get it or not so I could help you further with it.

Even I am having the same kind of problem but then it makes me think that me thinks that the cause of the problem is because of me because I have changed the resolution to something and I don’t remember to what and because of that I am just not able to get back in to the game. I am not if this is some kind of bug because I have found some more people having the problem with the resolution part in a no of forum and this makes me think that the developers have not tested all this. I mean that when I am switching to the real than I am getting a chance to check if the resolution is working or not but if not then the game just revert back to the default working resolution. I am really waiting for a official to come out and make a fix for it. I really had expectation with this game and I am really disappointed after this. It just makes me feel that I should go for a refund.

Even I am having the same kind of problem but then it makes me think that me thinks that the cause of the problem is because of me because I have changed the resolution to something and I don’t remember to what and because of that I am just not able to get back in to the game. I am not if this is some kind of bug because I have found some more people having the problem with the resolution part in a no of forum and this makes me think that the developers have not tested all this. I mean that when I am switching to the real than I am getting a chance to check if the resolution is working or not but if not then the game just revert back to the default working resolution. I am really waiting for a official to come out and make a fix for it. I really had expectation with this game and I am really disappointed after this. It just makes me feel that I should go for a refund.

You can try to reset the graphic resolution by deleting the prefs.prop but then you will have to search for the file first actually in my case it was in the Documents\Telltale Games\Jurassic Park the Game so I have done the same. I will also like to inform you that this is some kind of issue from the Telltale and I have heard that they are working on it as well but till then you can try to reset the graphic resolution and play the game if you want and see if it is making any difference.

You can try to reset the graphic resolution by deleting the prefs.prop but then you will have to search for the file first actually in my case it was in the Documents\Telltale Games\Jurassic Park the Game so I have done the same. I will also like to inform you that this is some kind of issue from the Telltale and I have heard that they are working on it as well but till then you can try to reset the graphic resolution and play the game if you want and see if it is making any difference.

I have tried deleting the prefs.prop file but then it is not making any difference I mean even after deleting it whenever I am restarting the game than I am just getting black screen and after sometime the monitor flashes un supported resolution and as far as I remember I was able to change the setting in the start when I had installed the game for the first time. I have also noticed that when I am deleting the entire folder under documents and then when I am restarting the game then the file is coming back. I just wanted to know are these file saved online or what. I am not sure about it but I just wanted to know if it is so and what should I do now?

You can try this out:
    Just right click on the launcher exe and then go to the properties and then go to the compatibility and then check the Run in 640x480 screen resolution and then start the game and see if it is making any difference.
    I am not very sure about this solution because I have found it on a forum and it has not worked for me but then there were people who have claimed that they were able to solve this problem by the above trick. So if you want then you can just check it out and see if it is working for you or not. If it works then please let me know.

Yes even I have deleted the prefs.prop file and it not helping me out as well and you were right actually I had not checked it before but after you said I did a rechecked and I have found that the prefs.prop file appears again when you restart the game but then I have also found that it is not having anything inside it and it is completely blank. I have also tried to tick the Run in 640x480 screen resolution and after that I restarted the game but then I don’t think that it is working because it is not making any difference at all.

Hey it worked for me I mean that I have just deleted the everything in the prefs.prop file and after that I have found that the game is starting in the windowed mode and the problem is solved. I don’t know how come it is not working for others just try to do it again I mean that just have the file called prefs.prop but then make sure that it is blank inside and see if it is making any difference. Once again thanks to enos for his solution.

I think that even I have a solution for this problem who has not found the other above solution to be working. What all you have to do is just press the Alt-Enter when you are getting the black screen and then the game will be set in the windowed mode and you will be able to see the graphics properly as well. I will also like to inform you that from the windowed mode it is easy to switch through the resolutions and it is quite faster as well and your monitor will also be able to take care of the unsupported resolutions and after you find the resolution that you are willing to have then you can again press Alt-Enter in order to check if it is working well in the full screen without ant problem. Just check it out guys and then let me know what you get.

Even I have a solution for it I mean that you can set the resolution you need and in order to change it just go to start and then click on run and then enter “regedit” in the command prompt without the quotes and then press enter and after that you will get the something like this:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\JPGraphics and if you don’t find the above one then you can look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Telltale Games\JPGraphics
    And once you get it then in the right pane you can change the ResX and ResY as per your desire and then see if it is making any difference. Best of luck

I have tried to do follow the above solution but then I am really not able to find anyone of them working the only thing I have found that background is black with the menu and the other thing that I have noticed is that the opening chase scene has a shadow but then I am not able to see the command as there are black boxes on them and the things that I am able to see is some plants and fog and the other thing are just black boxes in air. I am really out of idea and I don’t know whether there is actually a solution to solve it out??

I have tried the same and it was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Telltale Games\JPGraphics for me and even after setting the ResX and ResY values it is not making any difference. Is there actually a solution for this or I am just wasting my time in trying all this. I am really pissed with trying a lot of solution by now and I really need an effective solution to solve this out. Please help !!