Thread: CoD: Black Ops FPS issues in PC

CoD: Black Ops FPS issues in PC

I am new to this forum so please pay no heed to my mistakes. Actually I observe some FPS issues while playing CoD: Black Ops, so thought to post over here, since you guys must know something about resolving it (checked other threads, good solutions but mine problem is bit different). The game installed properly, everything seemed going in proper way till the game started lagging a lot in initial stages. I don't know what exactly might be the reason, so thought to take some advice from you members. Also want to know that anybody over there have started playing this game?! Please help me by providing some useful solutions.

Re: CoD: Black Ops FPS issues in PC

I wonder if there should be something to do with the CPU's, because I have a overclocked 470, 8gb DDR3 and an i7 at 3.80ghz, so my CPU is attractive and significantly faster than my friends. I would like to suggest you to check the recommended minimum requirements:
    • Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo E6600/Phenom X3 8750 or better
    • Graphics: support SM3.0, 256MB or more memory, GeForce 8600 GT / Radeon X1950 PRO or better
    • Memory: 2GB
    • Hard Disk: 12GB free space
    • Sound: compatible DX9.0c
    • DX Version: 9.0c

Its nothing with the game. You should check the configuration of your system that should fulfill the recommended requirement. I would like to suggest that don't go for minimum requirements because FPS issues are very common in that configuration. Also would like to add that Call of Duty: Black Ops supports NVIDIA 3D Vision, 3D HDTV-compatible, and 3D PC, accessible with NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards, 3D glasses to enjoy the stereo 3D, support PC, X360, PS3.

Call of Duty: Black Ops seems to be some aches and pains start to fight. An increasing number of players complain in various community forums and even in-house Steams forum that the game is fun both in single-and multiplayer very much suffers from severe stuttering and large lags. The transmission of information between Steam and the Black Ops server causes problems. The data update is lagging behind sometimes, so it can happen, for example, that a newcomer will initially listed as "Unknown Soldiers". Lets see whether these bugs can be fixed in coming version..

It is hoped that the grievances be brought as soon as possible in order, because, with the performance problems many players speak very positively about the first-person shooter and its multi player. A single solution exists is not, but users report a method that at least creates the single-player mode Solution: Start Black Ops and then stop the steam from the Task Manager again, restart Steam only in offline mode, Call of Duty. I am sure that it will help you.

I think that you should try the following resolutions that I think might work for you:
    1. Lower your desktop resolution to 1024 × 768
    2. Disable all background applications that are not being used currently
    3. Launch Call of Duty: Black Ops while Steam is in offline mode Steam.exe then end the process via the Windows Task Manager
    4. Run dxsetup in the installation folder of Call of Duty: Black Ops