Thread: Call of Duty Black ops cant save game

Call of Duty Black ops cant save game

Hello friends, I have brought a new COD: Black Ops yesterday and it worked very well with my system .It is really a cool game to have. I like all its features and I am so much interested in this game that I am continuously playing the game since yesterday. On playing the game I found out that I wasn't able to save the game for all the maps that I completed. This has occurred twice and again and again I have to start from the beginning which is quite pathetic. So please can some one help me to find out how can I ave the game. Please be quick.

Re: Call of Duty Black ops cant save game

Hey you have the option save command in the menu where you can actually go and save the game that you are playing. When you click on the save button the computer will save the game till you have played and when you again start playing the game you will be redirected to the place where you had last time stopped it. So if that doesn't works than you can also use the console commands for the game. The console commands are still not with me, I will definably post it as soon as I get. I the mean while you can search the web and see if you are able to locate any.

Hey you can use the console command game.save, to save the game and again resume it from where you have saved. The game will be saved in your computer hard disk with some dot extension and to open the game you have to start the original game and then call the game from the previously saved game. You can also save the game at whatever locations you want and can start from which ever locations you like. Make sure you have a lot of free space on your hard disk for your game to be successfully saved.

Hey even I am facing the same problem as I am not able to save the game which I am playing. As soon as I got the news about the launch of the game, I ran to the store in search of the game COD: Black Ops . I played the CD on to my system and ran the game without any kind of problem as such. But as and when I was completing the mission and then I wanted to stop at one stage ,I found out that the game was refusing to get saved at that location. I had to go at that point so I didn’t bothered much but unfortunately I had to start all my mission again. Is there any way to solve this problem

If you are not able to save the game that you are playing then you can follow the manual approach by going in the file in which the game is saved. You can into the C drive and locate the folder of nae COD : Black Ops , click on that file and you will have to locate a file with name “config” . Once you locate this file right click on it and open it in a wordpad or a notepad. In the document you will see list of commands, what you have to do is to locate the command as save game and then you have to manually specify the name of the location or the map in the save game field to save the game. I guess this should certainly work for you.

idea Re: Call of Duty Black ops cant save game

Originally Posted by mario2
    There is way to bypass the bug faced evertime when you play and reach at a certain mission and then quit the Call of duty Black Ops game and after some time when you launch the game again and get no "Resume Game" option. Simply, click on the Campaign mode in the main menu and you will come across with options to play new game, intel, and level select I suppose. Then press Escape button on your keyboard and go to the main menu of the game again, this time again click on Campaign mode and you would be then able to notice the "Resume Game" options listed in this screen. Hope that helps

idea Re: Call of Duty Black ops cant save game

Go to your install folder and right click on "BlackOps" for single player or "BlackOpsMP" for multiplayer and select "Run as Administrator". this solved all the issues i was facing while playing COD-BlackOps. Hope this helps.