Thread: PC freezes due to Call of Duty Black Ops

PC freezes due to Call of Duty Black Ops

From the last few days call of duty game is very famous. I was having Microsoft windows XP installed on my system. I have registered myself on the website of call of Duty. After the successful registration of call of Duty I started to play the call of duty. While playing call of duty my PC freezes. I am unable to trace the problem whether it is an installation problem or any other requirements I need to fulfill to play call of duty. Specify some of the solutions to overcome this problem.

Re: PC freezes due to Call of Duty Black Ops

Before installing call of duty on your system. You need check the hardware and software requirements. If the requirements are not fulfilled then it may result your PC to freeze, crash etc. The requirements are as follows:
    • Operating system: It can be any operating system such as Windows 7, Vista or XP.
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz, AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4GHz or some other which is better or faster.
    • RAM: Minimum 2GB or more.
    • Video or graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256 MB, ATI Radeon X1950Pro 256 MB or some other which is better or faster.
    • Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    • Free hard drive space: 12 GB or more.
    • Internet: For activation purpose.
    If all the requirements are fulfilled then your PC will not freeze.

While playing call of duty PC freezes or hangs. To overcome the problem of PC freezing you should follow the steps given below. These steps will solve the problem of freezing. The steps are:
    1. Go to C:/Program File/Steam/SteamApps/common/call of duty modern warfare 2/zone/English and delete all the map .ff files.
    2. Then go to C:/Program File/Steam.
    3. Right click your mouse on MW2. Click properties and then select Local Files Tab.
    4. Click on verify button to check the integrity of Game Cache and it will redownload the files back.
    5. Restart your system and start the game again.

• Freezing problem might occur because of antivirus installed on your system. While playing the game you should turn off your antivirus because there might be the possibility that your antivirus system blocks the game and it will result into the freezing problem.
    • I you are playing call of duty on the network and suppose you have firewall installed on your network in which you are playing the game. Then firewall may block your game. It is required to turn off your firewall while playing game.
    • Also your desktop resolution must be set to 1024×768, 32 bit True Color. Right click on your desktop and select properties. Click on settings tab and set your screen to 1024×768 and select the highest color and click on apply and then ok.

When you want to play call of duty you should adjust your sound depending on your operating system. Also the background applications which are running into the system should be turned off. The steps for turning off desktop applications are as follows. Go to start and select run window. Type msconfig in the run window and press enter key. After the utility appears got to startup tab and press disable all button. Go to service tab and check Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox and press disable all button. Press the ok button, close the utility and restart your computer.

Steps to solve freezing problem are :
    1. While playing call of duty if the problem of freezing occurs then follow the below steps to overcome the problem of freezing. Go to C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/call of duty modern warfare 2/Redist DirectX and then run DXSETUP.
    2. The freezing might occur because of antivirus. If you have upgraded the older version of antivirus to a new version without a clean setup then Uninstall the antivirus and restart your system. Again install new setup of antivirus.