Thread: Unable to play BLACK OPS after an update

Unable to play BLACK OPS after an update

I am having the Black ops game and using it from the last few months but when i updated the same game then it started giving me problem. I have decided to update the game for the latest features. The thing here is that after the updation i am not able to start the game itself. Also i am not able to play the game online. Please help me in this case and let me know how to solve this. Does anyone ever have faced this problem if yes than due to what and how did got rid of it?

Re: Unable to play BLACK OPS after an update

I thing there is something wrong with the updation process that you carried out. When you updated the game it must have corrupted the some files of the game due to the improper update. The thing here is that now i don't think that your game can recover from this so what you have to do in this case is just uninstall the game and then again reinstall it i hop that it will work for you. And make sure from the next time you make the proper update of the game.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have to do system restore on your computer. It may have happen that some of the vital files of the system are corrupted and damaged the support files, that is the reason why you are facing this problem. So what you have to do in this case is that perform the system restore and then try and run the game. And if still the game is not running than reinstall the whole game again. I am sure that installing the game again will help your cause.

First of all thank you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time for finding the solution. I have tried reinstalling the game this time it started but i am not able to play the game online. I don't know what is wrong with it. Please help me to solve the problem. I guess there is something wrong with the settings and please let me know how to restore the settings so i will try and see whether it helps or not.

The steps mentioned below will help you to restore the settings and i hope that it will help you play the game again:
    • First of all reboot the system.
    • Then as the system restarts you have to press F8 key
    • Then you will notice the advance boot menu
    • After that you have to select the Repair option and press enter
    • The you have to login as the administrator .
    • After that you have to select the factiry reset option and then click ok.
    • Doing this will reset the settings of your system and than you have to install the fresh copy of the game.

I hope that this time it will not give any kind of error.