Thread: CoD: Black Ops high CPU usage and makes PC crash

CoD: Black Ops high CPU usage and makes PC crash

I have just got the Call Of Duty: Black Ops and I was happy to play this game. Installing this game didn't showed me any problem then I began with playing it. For sometime, It didn't showed any problem but then suddenly, It got crashed. I was not able to find out the reason but then when I check that CPU usage in the task manager while this game was running then found that it was occupying most of my CPU usage which seems to be the reason for game crashing. Can anybody has any other idea why it got crashed?

Re: CoD: Black Ops high CPU usage and makes PC crash

I have came to know that if you want to play the Call Of Duty game: Black Ops then it is going to access the maximum resources of your CPU and hence if your machine would be running any other application simultaneously with this game then it might happen that particular application gets slow and even you won't be using that application while playing the game due to which you won't be noticing that any application have got slow. But since that application is sharing the resources with this game, This game does not gets proper number resources and hence it gets crashed. So i recommend you to play this game only on your system after closing all the other applications. And even if this game is getting crashed with no other application opened then I don't have much idea about it.

There is one more thing by which your CPU gets busy and it is most common thing, Virus. You should check it on your system that is there any virus which might sharing your CPU usage with the game. And hence virus wins the race against high graphic game. Even you game would be still running then it would have been lagging a lot. So it is better to get crashed. I think you should scan your whole computer system and remove all the viruses out of it then check that COD:Black Ops gets crashed or not.

It might also happen that the game have not been installed on your system properly and hence it is not able to get the proper resources. I suggest you to simply uninstall the whole game and start installing it from the scratch. Once you installation gets completed then check for the viruses. If there are no viruses then check about the processes currently running on your system. If your CPU seems to be idle then begin with playing the game. If it gets crashed this time then it could be the hardware problem.

I am not facing any crashing for playing this game as it is not letting me play this game at all. I have installed this game without any problem on Windows 7 operating system and there was not problem for installing it. When I start the single player, It tells me I should insert the correct DVD. Now I don't what problem it has with the CD which I have used to install this game. How can I solve this problem? Please help me!!!

I think it's a global issue that's yet to spread; I have been recently reading about a lot of people angry and stuff! (INCLUDING ME)

the single player is all good with me, but not the multiplayer for some reason as it takes 100% from the CPU and the FPS therefore drops down!

I have seen this kind of problem with the when you attempt to open the application from the desktop so I suggest you to open the same application with the start and program files. I don't know what is the issue with the desktop icon but I have seen that this solves the problem. Or you might be using the pirated version of the program.