Thread: Windows 7 - 64 bit compatible games

Windows 7 - 64 bit compatible games

I have the Windows 7 running on my system and really it is serving me in a much better way. It is 64 bit version and well I do not know for how long it is going to serve me in the similar manner. In addition to that I just want you all to see the problem, my brother bought some of the games and to be fair they are actually of all older versions. The games are thrillvile, school tycoon and hotel giant, well I know that they are not that famous but I really want to know if that will run in the 64 bit version of the Windows 7. Hope that you will come up with the solution soon.

Re: Windows 7 - 64 bit compatible games

Well to start with I am also not sure if all that games are going to run successfully in the 64 bit version. I would simply suggest you to have a go with the same and see by yourself what magic can it bring here. Why did not your brother asked about the same to the shopkeeper if that would run? Well the games are really old and I doubt if it will be able to run on the Windows 7 64 bit machine. Well try at least one of the games and let us know about the same.

It is really not a big trouble at all. As far as I can see here I do not think that the following games are really going to come up with the trouble at all. Well the logic behind the same is that most of the games are actually made such that it can run in the 32-bit environment. So if at tall they are able to be played on the 32 bit environment then I am sure that they will be able to run in the 64 bit environment. In Windows 7 you will be able to see the C: drive, under that it has two folders and one contains the 32-bit software and the other contains 64-bit software. So if the application is of 32 bit then I am sure that the 32-bit software will take care of the application such that it can run on 64-bit Operating Systems.

Actually I would say that the things totally depend on some parameters. There are a lot of games that would run under XP and for that require the installer programs that were still using 16-bit programming, even though the game itself might be 32-bit. But the thing is that the same installers does not work under 64-bit Windows. I would suggest you to have your money back if at all that is possible, as that is the only thing that I can suggest you at the very moment.

I am not confident about all the games. I have done a little Googling and I have seen that School Tycoon is the game that has Windows Vista in its requirement criteria. Well I think that it is really a good sign for you. If it is stated that it requires the Windows Vista then there are chances that it might really work on the Windows 7 as well. Regarding the other games like thrillvile and hotel giant I think that they are going to run only on the Windows XP. So I am of the opinion that there is a little chance that it will work on the Windows 7 machine. Well I said that the chances are little but it can be given a try at the last. Just try the installation of the same and then see if that really works on the Windows 7. Please post soon if that worked.

Adonis, I just want to say that I went and asked about the compatibility issue of the Games with the Windows 7 and he told that at the time of purchase he had told that he is also not sure if that thing is really going to work on the system. He told that he had asked my brother about the operating system on which he was going to play the game. He told my brother the same thing and hence I do not think that asking for the refund will be really wise there. Well on the various suggestions that you all have come with I think that I will have at least one on the system. Well I think that I will have the thrillvile but yet I would love if there is any possible way by which I can have the other two games for me. Please give me the all possible help.

Well to add voice in this thread I just want to tell you all that School Tycoon works with Win 7 64 bit and I have plated that and it really works fine. I hope that this should have boosted you a little. Regarding the Hotel Giant I would say that it works but there is some issue with the mouse. The mouse cursor takes a long time to come in action. So I do not think that this game is really going to work here. In addition to that I have some of the games that are really working on the Windows 7 platform and they are as follows:
    • Pizza Chef
    • Magic Ball 3
    • Zoo Tycoon 2
    • Sims 2

In addition to that I have some of the games that can run on the Windows 7 in the compatibility mode of the Windows XP here is the list:
    • Cultures 2
    • Cake Mania 2
    • Hospital Tycoon
    • Mall Tycoon 3

Hope that I helped you a little.