Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Motocross madness 2 doesnt work on windows 7

Video Games

Old 09-11-2010

Motocross madness 2 doesnt work on windows 7

Hello friends recently I have updated to windows 7 from windows xp and when I started to play motocross madness 2 I found that it is not working on windows 7. It shows an error "d3drm.dll not found". I downloaded the dll file and pasted in the installation path of game but it did'nt work for me. So please can any one help me to sort out this issue, I really want to play this game.

Old 09-11-2010

Re: Motocross madness 2 doesnt work on windows 7

Hey, the windows 7 has a lot of new improvements when compared to the windows xp. Windows 7 has really exciting features that lets it stand apart from windows xp. Since the game which you would want to play is of old version, I guess that widows 7 doesn't support this game. The game might lack some of the features that are required to run it on the windows 7 platform. So if you really want to play this game I think you should install some other operating system that would be able to run this game on it. Or there are many similar kind of games available in the market that would run on windows 7 you can try that also if you want.
Old 09-11-2010

Hey first of all I would want to know whether your motocross madness 2, worked on your system when you had windows xp operating system on it. If this is the first time that you are installing and playing this game than it can be that some of the game files might have got corrupted or lost which is why you are getting the unusual error message "ddr.dll file lost". If you have previously run this game on your system with windows xp than it can be that the windows7 might either not support this game or the installation of windows 7 can also be incomplete which is restricting the game from starting on your system.
Old 09-11-2010

No I have played this game many times on my computer system that had windows xp operating system in it. The problem only occurred when I switched from windows xp to windows 7 and then when I installed the game again onto my system which is having windows 7 on it, I got the error message " dd3.dll file not found" and then when I click on OK the screen completely turns black. I have done many times but again again I am getting the same error and after that I have to reboot my system which is very frustrating for me. So is that the windows 7 doesn't completely recognize this game at all or I have to buy a completely new game to see which one works, please can any one help me to get rid of this problem as quickly as possible.
Old 09-11-2010

Hey since you have upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 so some of the application that would run on a windows xp might not run on windows 7. Also, when you had formatted your system to install windows 7, so did you copied the game into a pendrive or you originally owned a CD fort that game. If you have copied the game from your system that was having windows xp on it, it can be that some of the files might have lost during the transmission and therefore you are getting this error message while you run the game. If you are having an original CD of the game and then also you are not able to run the game then definitely it is a comparability issue.
Old 09-11-2010

Hey even I am facing the same problem with my Motocross Madness 2 when I had upgraded form Windows xp to Vista. I noticed a problem with the graphics of my system. On startup the game looked fine and at first I didnt bothered about the graphics of the system. But as and when I was playing the game the screen resolution just became low and low. The performance of the game was also not up to the mark. I finally had to stop this game since I did not want to take any risk. I really don't know what is this problem about as previously I was able to run this game with no issue so its definite that it is not the issue of the graphics card. So please help me to sort this problem.
Old 10-11-2010

Here is what you can do to overcome this issue since you are facing some graphics issue. You can go into the video settings of the computer and check which of the option is selected there, whether it is a Software Rasterization or a hardware. If it is a software rasterization you must change to hardware, it is hardware then leave it as it is. Also make sure that the check box to display the video is also checked and if not than please check it. After this you can restart your system and then again play the game to see whether if it works for you or not. As far as game is concerned I think that it is a very old game to be played on the windows 7 so therefore your system is facing this problem.
Old 11-11-2010

Hey when you are have upgraded the from windows 7 to vista the registry keys of the game change based on the difference in the operating system. So what you can do is that you can compare the registry setting of your old windows xp with your new vista and then make some changes depending on the difference. Then from the video card selector window, you must choose the proper card and then you would be able to play the game. Also if you keep the registry settings to default, and pull a stick of RAM and run things again the game would run again without any problem.
Old 12-11-2010

Hey you can even try this option to see if it works for you or not.
  • Upgrade your RAM
  • Try running the game in XP compatibility mode
  • Try installing a virtual machine on your Windows 7 system, then create a virtual PC that runswindows xp on 64 Bit sytem
Also you can try this option if the above doesn?t works for you.
go to start select run and type in regedit and press enter.
if you are using vista or windows 7 then click start and type regedit into the search box and press enter
On the left hand side navigate through the following:
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  • SOFTWARE
  • Wow6432Node Microsoft
  • Microsoft Games
  • Motocross Madness 2 DriverInfo and double click the one starting with a bunch of zeros.
  • Now after you have navigated there on the right hand panel you should see a file named diabled hardware. Double click that file and a window will popup. Just type the nuber 0 and hit enter. Close out of regedit and run the game now and you will see the window.
Old 16-11-2010

ThumbsUp Re: Motocross madness 2 doesnt work on windows 7

it can still play just download the d3drm.dll file and paste the dll file into the motocros madness in localdisk>programfiles>microsoft games>motocrossmadness2 and it will work

Last edited by Maqbool : 16-11-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,