Thread: Fallout: New Vegas failed to start. (Error code 53)

Fallout: New Vegas failed to start. (Error code 53)

The game Fallout:New Vegas has really screwed me because of the lot of bugs. When I load the game & click the Quick launch button the game has failed to open and showing the error message (error code 53). First I have noticed that maybe it is happening because of incomplete installation. So I reinstalled the game once again but it remains the same. I repeated the re installation but the result was the same. What can I do now? Please help me to get rid of this issue.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas failed to start. (Error code 53)

I have gone through your problem and I tried to find the solution for that. I read several forums and pages regarding the Fallout: new Vegas errors. But I couldn’t find particular solution about error code 53. So I recommended you to check your system settings vs. game settings, also the preferences and configurations. If these things won’t work I urge you that download the latest patches which will be available for the PC versions. It may fix your problem.

Errors and bugs common in fallout: new Vegas. Everyone have one kind issue regarding the errors. The issues which you are facing are rare until now. This might be problem of misplace of .dll files or wrong display settings or may be the Directx version. Before going to quick launch I advice you that start the game by step by step process. So that it can directs you to the recommended settings which you might be needed.

I searched on the internet for hours concerning about your issue. There wasn’t any particular issue about error code 53. I have been playing this game and gone through several of issues, bugs and errors. I think that this has occurred because of incorrect registry settings. There may be a chance that the registry has been corrupted due to virus attack.

I have seen your problem recently. I didn’t see anything in PC forums about the error code 53 of Fallout:NV. I think this is very rare issue you are facing right now. And of course, you didn’t specify the error description in your post. This might brings the tough situation to find the specific solution. Have seen downloading the patches which are available for PC? Try it. Some of the scripting and application error s could be solve by this.

I advise to go to the root directory where the Fallout:NV has been installed on your PC. Check that steam_api.dll file is available or not. If not, update it from the net. Search for the fixes on the net. You can get the free downloads one of several sites.

I have the Exact same problem as HALLBJORN i tryed a lot of things to solve the problem but nothing seems to work,
    Can Someone please help me with my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsoid94 View Post
    I have the Exact same problem as HALLBJORN i tryed a lot of things to solve the problem but nothing seems to work,
    Can Someone please help me with my problem?
    You have to make sure that you install both DX and C++ that come with the installer. IF you get the error DURING installation, you can go into the install directory, Fallout New Vegas, Redlists and can do a manual install for both. It's what I did, then installed both updated released on the net and it's worked perfectly for me. 4 hours of gameplay in and just had my first crash.

Installed both the Programms Updated the game with the 2 patches and still the same error, so i have no Clue what it could be.

It has somethign to do with my steam_api.dll, annyone knows what to do about it?

If anyone is getting the steam_api.dll missing issue then reinstalling both the game and the Steam client may fix this problem. Also, you can try to copy the missing dll files from a full installation of Fallout: New Vegas. Try to launch the game directly rather than launching it from a desktop or quick launch shortcut.

The File is not missing, But its just now working correct,
    ive downloaded a new steam_api.dll but if a added it and removed the orriginal one it did nothing, so i putted it back it gave me the same error i always have.
    ive updated DirectX and C++ to the newest versions and ive updated Fallout new vegas with patch 1 and 2 and it still doesnt work and i use Steam
    i reinstalled Steam and Fallout: New Vegas and is still doesnt work
    so Please help me with my problem,

Exclamation Re: Fallout: New Vegas failed to start. (Error code 53)

EVERYONE WHO IS GETTING AN ERROR CODE 53 OR SIMILAR:
    I found the solution. Works perfectly for me now. Find a folder labeled "SKIDROW" (If you are using the torrent), drag all of its components to the main installation folder, and play! Its that simple! Also, if you cannot figure out how to play at all,(N00bz) go into Steam, add game, find the main install, do the above step, and WALAH! Kudos to number1bamafan
    (PS) Sorry I cant find the link to the SKIDROW torrent webby :/