Thread: Medal of Honor dfa.dll error

Medal of Honor dfa.dll error

I have problem with the Medal of Honor game. I am not able to load the new Medal of Honor. Whenever I try to do that then it shows me some error code which is E:\binaries\dfa.dll verify that file exists. E: Drive is my DVD Drive. This happens when direct x gets loaded up. The operating system which I am using is the Windows Vista. I am not able to recognize the problem that why this is happen to me. Do you have any idea about this then please provide the solution to me. I will be very thankful to all the people for their suggestion.

Re: Medal of Honor dfa.dll error

There may be problem with the Driver that you are using. It may be corrupted and that is why you are getting such error messages. Uninstall the driver and install that again and see whether the problem gone or not? If after that also the problem persists then you can search for the latest driver available. Download and install that driver to your computer and give a normal restart to it. Again try to run the game and this time it should not show such error messages if that was related to the driver.

There may be the problem with the installation of the game. You can try this to solve the issue. First of all copy all the contents (files) from the dvd to any folder which is on your desktop. Once you are done with copying all the files then you can install the game from this folder on the desktop where you have copied the files of the dvd. There is possibility that during the installation it may have assigned something to your dvd location and when you try to run the game then it is not able to find that from that location because you have already removed the disk from dvd drive. This is one of the possible reasons for this. Just try this and I wish this will take the issue off with the game. Thank you!!!

I was also having the same problem as you told and therefore I called the EA support hot line for the solution and they set me up with a digital download by using EA download manager and after that I found that the problem gets solved and I never faced such issues again. You should also contact the EA support and I am sure that they will provide the best solution and reason for any of the errors like this. This will be the best option for you to resolve the solution. This should be your first step for this issue. Don’t try something that you don’t know much. You may also create some serious problem.

Which antivirus software you are using? I am asking this because there is possibility that the Resident Shield if the antivirus may be preventing the program from running. Therefore you are getting such errors. To check if that is the problem in your case or not then just disable the Antivirus temporary that is installed on your computer and again try to run the game. This time the game should run without giving any error to you. I was also getting some error message earlier but that was different from yours. And after disabling that the problem gets solved. It should also solve it in your case.

If we talk about such problems then I found that Google is my best friend to give the answer for this. I searched for this on internet and found that the problem was with the AVG antivirus that I was using. I found that you can install it while you reboot in safe mode and open cmd and insert some lines which is very difficult to tell. Here is what I did to solve the issue. I opened the msconfig and end the AVG Watchdog and AVG Email scanner services. After that I rebooted the system and installed the game again. After reinstalling again you can start the AVG services. This solves the problem for me. I hope that it will solve the problem for you and also other people who are searching for the solution of the same problem.

hi there
    i am using avg internet security. i was also caught in same problem.i just disable resident shield of AVG during playing MOH 2010 game. hope it might be help you.

Yes that can be a issue with the virus scanner. I was using AVG in my system. If found solution for that by searching on google. It said to boot in safe mode and then run ms config. From that I disabled AVG and reboot the system. I also stopped email scanner service. After that re-installed the game by copying the full setup on the desktop. It worked well now.

Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Yes that can be a issue with the virus scanner. I was using AVG in my system. If found solution for that by searching on google. It said to boot in safe mode and then run ms config. From that I disabled AVG and reboot the system. I also stopped email scanner service. After that re-installed the game by copying the full setup on the desktop. It worked well now.
    (using avg internet security) its not to be need to go safe mode of window,open ms config and copy full setup on desktop ...simply install game
    and open avg then go to the avg resident shield ..at resident shield setting you should be just unchecked check box and click save changes .. and run medal of honor.exe
    enjoy