Thread: Fallout New Vegas has No audio dialogue during NPC interaction.

Fallout New Vegas has No audio dialogue during NPC interaction.

This game out for the apple PC, Apple II and Commodore 64 is the proto seed of what would afterward be seen in 10 years following Fallout. The spine of the tale was very like to that observe in Fallout, in a U.S. Holocaust anywhere wars and nuclear fireworks among China and the Soviet Union had overwhelmed big fraction of your nature at the side of a group of companion it had to be set in the wilderness full of person transmute by gamma rays and indomitable people to do everything to endure for at least a new day. When I interrelate through a NPC nature, conversation options part, there is no audio to what they are proverb. Visually I can observe them talking, but no audio. All other times the audio is all right during the game, plus random NPC explanation when walking by them.

Re: Fallout New Vegas has No audio dialogue during NPC interaction.

I have the similar difficulty; it in progress when the doctor took me to the sofa to invite the word connection and ink blot tests. It too happened when I pace out and beam to Victor. I was wondering if it might be an audio codec matter or probably there's a number of audio occlusion issue happening. Running Windows 7 64bit eventual, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS, Nvidia 7600GT and I contain 4gig ram on the instrument with an AMD 64 X2 4600 processor.i think you should check out all the necessary parts and the hard ware which are needed by the game and the system. I think this will help you to get the desired solution.

Similar difficulty here, following numerous related threads looking for answer. I have tried the whole lot and everything concerning the drivers/codex's/etc even total uninstalls of game and reinstalls 2 xs so far away. Steam too for and giggles. Absolutely detached video card and sound card from pack and reinstalled from scratch, downloaded drivers from online in box. Any suggestion to this issue which is related to the same game.I too don't listen to any audio for footsteps or when I toggle or reload weapons. I find music and most of the atmosphere sounds but that's it. I'm pretty pissed off on this. Please help me and give me a proper suggestion to get the solution. Thanks and the answer would be appreciated.
    Last edited by AAID; 23-10-2010 at 06:45 AM.

I would like assist you that check it may be due to some error may be occur in the system which makes you not allow hearing the voice of the game. Check if it may be the error occurred due the error code 0x0000008e which is related to all kind of stuffs of the system from memory to a virus. I think you should try running your antivirus program. I would like to suggest you to check the BSOD which is related to Ram which may corrupt your AOC GUI which may lead to gain such trouble. Try checking all this things may be they are helpful to get the desired solution. I think this will really help you out of the issue. you should try this.

I was having the similar trouble and get the solution after doing this I fixed my trouble after much pursue approximately in .ini documentation and altering options to no advantage I remembered that on a Windows 7 PC with imaginative you require to use original Alchemy unrestricted to repair issues with Fallout 3, Oblivion and now Fallout New Vegas, it’s the entire EAX not working correctly with Direct Audio, so I added Fallout NV to my Creative AL and the NPC speech is functioning completely. If this is not your circumstances (Windows 7 with Creative) then I expect they attach it for you all very soon. Or else if you have the similar association as me (OS and Soundcard) then give it an attempt.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I have the solution for such kind of issue in this game may be it will help you. What I did was to unplug the amplifier jack from the rear of the computer and plug it into the frontage port. The second it went in the frontage port the voices went on. It perhaps won't work, but if you're receiving distracted it might be significance an attempt. usually I would say it’s because of a broken port but the pc is comparatively new and I have never become aware of anything incorrect with the sound when watching movies or playing other games. I’d be probing to know if this really fixes the matter for anyone else and more exactly what the dissimilarity could be among those two ports that would source such a matter.

Thank you all for your help. A friend figured out the difficulty previous nowadays for me. W7 had situated my Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio speaker arrangement to 7.1, while I only have 2 speakers. The conversation audio and a number of other sound belongings where creature sent to a supposed, but imaginary center channel. Took a while to find out where this desirable to be changed. On my machine:
    • Control Panel
    • Hardware Sound
    • Manage Audio Devices
    • Speakers
    • Sound Blaster (tab)
    • Settings (button)
    • Then selected the correct speaker configuration.
    Restart Fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario2 View Post
    Thank you all for your help. A friend figured out the difficulty previous nowadays for me. W7 had situated my Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio speaker arrangement to 7.1, while I only have 2 speakers. The conversation audio and a number of other sound belongings where creature sent to a supposed, but imaginary center channel. Took a while to find out where this desirable to be changed. On my machine:
    • Control Panel
    • Hardware Sound
    • Manage Audio Devices
    • Speakers
    • Sound Blaster (tab)
    • Settings (button)
    Restart Fallout.
    Sorry to bump an older topic but I just registered an account here to thank you for this post. It solved my dialogue issue. I have a 5.1 setup and my Realtek audio manager was set to that, although the surround sound I use is a Sony which is not made for PC use, therefor it only plugs into one jack (the green one) for all 4 speakers and the sub. Anyway, I changed the Realtek manager down to stereo (2 speakers) and voila, sound comes out of all speakers and voices work.

Thanks. I couldn't find any solution until I ran across this thread via a google search. I was about to give in and play without voices

Guys, thanks a million for this tip. I just registered here so that I could write this. It just cleared all my problems by reconfiguring the soundcard/speaker channels. Now the conversations are finally working as it should. Just kicked off from initial stages y'day. Damn I miss my plasma rifle from where I left off on the last one...

Quote Originally Posted by Mario2 View Post
    • Control Panel
    • Hardware Sound
    • Manage Audio Devices
    • Speakers
    • Sound Blaster (tab)
    • Settings (button)
    Restart Fallout.
    just want to say thanks a million times. solved it for me.