Thread: Fps problem in Fallout New Vegas

Fps problem in Fallout New Vegas

I use a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7. The problem that I face is with the game that is Fallout New Vegas. The fps of the game slows down. I do not know what could have been causing this. Please help me out so that I can make the issue to be sorted and the game to be played well. Could this be the problem with graphic card. I hope this will sort the issue and make the game to be processed as required.

Re: Fps problem in Fallout New Vegas

The fps problem that you are getting is due to the graphic driver that you have installed. In order to get sot of the change it will be helpful and better that reinstall the driver. I suppose the driver is been appended with some bugs and this is the reason you are not able to function well. So removing the driver from the system using Driver Sweeper and then look out by installing the new pack of the updated driver. As the installation for the driver is been done do look out for the modification. I hope the game will now be able to perform well without any drop in fps. Basically the fps drops due to video card driver that is been installed. Get to the conclusion by restarting the system.

Another aspect through which you can check out by setting up the resolution of the game. You have to set the resolution to the lowest priority. Lower the settings for the game and then run the game. I hope now there would be no FPS issue. The settings that is been assigned is not proper or much compatible with the system and hence this is the reason you are not able to function well which will be helpful. So in order to get the modification to be done it is indeed essential that you check as assisted.

Run the game well under compatible mode. This can be done well by installing the game well under compatible mode. You can perform the task as needed. This is because if there is some compatibility issue installing it under the mode which will be supportive. You need to right click on the installer.exe file and then under the properties tab choose the Window Xp compatible mode. Now as it is been done you then need to restart the system. Now check out by executing the game application. As this is been done or performed you may then be able to get the application to be executed as required. This is the best way through which you can make the aspects to be processed. Also there is one more way through which you can work for compatibility that is running the system under safe mode. Now running the system under this mode can be done by pressing F8 key while booting and then install the game. Now run the system under normal mode and check for the output. This will really help you out for the thing. Make it process.

Check out by performing the task that is all you need to do is to install the game well under clean boot service. You need to make sure that the system is running under less mode service that is been active under Windows 7. You have to make sure the same that is by opening the start menu option and then in the searchbox type msconfig. Now hit enter. Under the selective startup tab you need to choose Hide all Microsoft service. Disable the active service that is been processed you may then get to a desired output. Now restart the system and then make the installation of the application under the mode that it is been executing. I hope you may then be able to perform well with the task and hence the fps issue may drop out well.

Is your system specification matching up well with the game. It is very much essential and necessary that the game should be able to perform by meeting up with the requirements that is needed. I hope this is one of the issue which could be the problem for the fps. Basically the specification for the game is given as follows

1. Operating system support is Windows Xp, Windows Vista or Windows 7
    2. You need 2GB of minimum Ram memory
    3. A minimum of 10 Gb of Hard disk space on your system
    4. NVIDIA GeForce 6 series, ATI 1300XT series required
    5. Updated drivers for the same
    6. Dual Core processor

If the system is able to meet up the above specification that is mentioned you may then be able to perform well without any issue. So do look out for the thing and then run the game. It will be helpful for you then.

Try to run the system well under Windows Xp mode. As this is been done you have to check out well. I suppose the game may execute well under the mode. There is another way through which you can make the issue to be sorted. All you need to do is to make a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system. All you need to do is to check out by using the utility disc and then perform the task by formatting the system. As it is been done you may then be able to perform well by sorting the thing that is make a fresh installation of the same. Then get the updated pack of the drivers for the video card and then make the installation well. Now execute the game under the same. I hope this will be better now.