Thread: save game issues in Fallout New Vegas

save game issues in Fallout New Vegas

I don’t have any problem with playing the Fallout New Vegas game but the problem is that I am not able to save the game. So all the progress for the game get lost when next time I start the game. It just keep the old ones. I have deleted it from the games and from the game folder but it keeps on coming back again and again. I don’t know why this is happening but the main thing is that the current auto save is not saving the game at all after I leave the game. Is this problem is with all the users or I am the only one who is facing this problem. Please suggest me the solution for this. Thank you.

Re: save game issues in Fallout New Vegas

I think that the problem is with the installation of the game and according to me this is the problem with the setup of the game. Some files from the setup may have been corrupted. Hopefully a re installation of the game may solve this issue. First of all uninstall the existing game from it and after that give a restart to the machine and do a fresh installation of the game. This will create new files to the system for the games and will definitely solve the problem. Just do this if other solutions for this are not able to fix this. I hope that it will help you to make the save function workable.

I am also facing the similar issue with mine. I did the auto save and first quick save at the first time when I started the game. After that I was not able to save it. I restarted the game as well as the machine because I thought that it may be problem with the machine or it can be the problem with the steam cloud. But that also did not work. After that I turned the steam cloud off but that was also useless. The worst part for this is when I try to do manual save and after that when I return to the game then I found that it is not saved. To fix this I tried to reinstall that but that was also not helpful. Please provide us some solution for that. This is very annoying problem.

I think that you are not running that in offline mode. I was also getting the same issue that I was not running that in offline mode and that was the reason that was creating the problem and when I ran that on offline mode then I /found that it started running and I was able to save the games either manually or by quick save. You should check for this and is that is the case then you should also do that to fix this issue.

I think that there may be some people on the consoles who are also facing the same problem with the save problem. They are also experiencing a lot of crashes as well and above that I think that the PC version may have smaller number of problems because there is a c++ engine for the gamebryo engine for the PC but I don’t think that it is the case here.

All the time when I tested the missing auto/quicksave bug then I found that the save is not gone actually. You can do the following to do that.

First of all you have to go to C:\Users\"User Name"\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves and you will be able to see your auto/quick saves and any hard saves out there. There is possibility that you may see the 2 auto-saves and 2 quick-saves but only if you are lucky if that is the case the one of them is the progress in your game that you were not able to retrieve. Out of those files the one which is having the “. Bak” extension is the correct one and you have to rename that and delete the .bak. Delete other one also that is overwriting your saved games. After that you have to discover your correct auto/quick saves from the load screen and you will be able to play the game from the place where you stopped playing last time.

I hope that this will help you solve the problem for you. Wish you good luck guys!!!

give me a saved game file

I tried searching this forum for the save game file of Fallout New Vegas but dint found any. I think no user had posted the same yet. Surprisingly, it is not their on the Google as well. Hence, what i can suggest you is if you are stuck at some stage of the game than take help from the walkthrough of Fallout New Vegas till anyone posts the save game here.