Thread: Why can't they point out a safe bed & storage at the start in Fallout New Vegas?

Why can't they point out a safe bed & storage at the start in Fallout New Vegas?

The thing that I am going to ask can be clearly understood by the title itself. I want to ask that why they cannot point out a safe bed & storage at the start? This is very annoying thing at slightest as far back as Morrowind. If unowned containers are not going to respawn or abandon items, why they do not tell us? Every long expression Bethesda fan has a terrible box ate my stuff story, and one of the pinnacle questions all time a new ES/FO comes out is where can I stash my stuff without it desertion.

Re: Why can't they point out a safe bed & storage at the start in Fallout New Vegas?

This looks like very small problem but I am focusing on this from last couple of hours of the gameplay. I am on the phase where I am opening to perform a number of grave looting and hoarding is the only real way you can build up wealth so you need to store the stuff somewhere. I had been continuously thinking that there would be several homes someplace at the start, but after about 20 hours I had given up on that and therefore I begin to do experimentation with containers in Goodspring.

Re: Why can't they point out a safe bed & storage at the start in Fallout New Vegas?

I am not very sure about it but this seems as though using the mailing system as a form of storage is OK. It require some wandering about to reacquire your items but that is not what I have been able to handle so far. I am agreeing that a few form of definite safe storage in the commencement of the game would be pleasant. Some proprietors in Goodsprings may offer you to keep some things safe for you but they will take some fee for that or they can allow the players to rent a room which has safe containers and that will also provide you some safe place for sleep if you are playing in Hardcore mode.

I am quite sure that it will be safe to use the room which is in the Novac and the one in Lucky 38. To store the stuff, I am using the ED-E. I gave him nearly all of the stuff in my "aid" piece to take, keeping just the majority of my stimpacks, all my super stims, 2 bottles of pure what, some antivenom, and one doctors bag. Before that I was having around 150 pounds of food, water, and drugs which I have to carry. After that ED-E is like my refrigerator which is portable.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I don’t think that this will be the best answer. You should understand that someone looted you if your stuff vanishes. I know the exact reason that what happened exactly but it is not difficult to think that someone found your stash and took it just like you do in all over the wasteland. I have never bothered by this. I just store the things that I know I am coming right back and I play the role of traveler and not a settler. Just take the things that you need and carry it with you. You can sell all leave the things that you think that you don’t need. You should not get so attached with the stuffs if you cannot take that with you. I am also agreeing that the game should point out anywhere to have a rest in the start though.