Thread: MoH Single Player crashes with a General Protection Fault

MoH Single Player crashes with a General Protection Fault

Hi i am having the Sony wio laptop and using from the last few months and also with the windows seven operating system and the inlet core 2 duo as the processor, The thing here is that i am not able to play the medal of honor game. I have recently downloaded this game and have installed on my system but some how i am not able to play this game with the single player also, The double player option is by default disabled, I don't know why i am facing this problem also i am not aware how to solve it, The thing is that whenever i have tried to run this game then it is giving me an error message saying that :
    General protection fault!
    History:GEvent:TryAcquireCancel() Address = 0x7a0385(filename noct found.
    Can any one please help me in fixing it up also tel me the system requirements for this game.

Re: MoH Single Player crashes with a General Protection Fault

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that your system is not able to load the game, So as asked by you here are the system requirements for the medal of honor game:
    1. Operating system- windows 7 of vista
    2. AMD Processor - Phenom II X2 550
    3. Intel Processor - Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz
    4. Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce 9800 GT GD gfx hardware score: 5
    5. ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 3870
    6. RAM Memory - 4 GB
    7. Hard Disk Space - 20 GB (Acquired by it)
    8. Direct X - 9

It seems to me that this game is not allowing you to play as the single user because you must have not played as a administrator, The thing here is that if you are not playing as the administrator then it will not allow to play as the administrator because this game has such settings and it needs a high privileged user to play the game, Now what you have to do is just log in as the administrator of the system or the network then it will allow you to play the game or to have an access over it. I hope that this one will help you and if log in as the administrator will not solve your problem then you have to just see the other settings of the game.

I think that you have not installed the game properly, The thing here is that if you will commit any kind of mistake while installing the game then at that you have to just do it properly, First of all what you have to do is unzip the downloaded file that you have downloaded from the internet and then you have to save the same file in the temp folder, What you have to do after that is run the Autorun.exe file which is present in the temp folder, If you will do this than automatically the game will run.

It seems to me that there is the problem with the graphics card of yours i think that you are not using the card which supports the shader model the thing here is that the shader model supports the video card to play all kinds of games and in your case it seems to me that the shader model that is used by your card is not sufficient or it must be below than 3.0, The shader model 3.0 version is the best in the business what you have to do is just install the video card that supports the shader model 3.0. Because the Medal of Honor game needs this shader model to have an deal with video resolution issues.

I was also facing the similar problem a few days back and that to with the same game, And i think that you are also dealing with the same one, I was also not able to play with the single player with the same game, But later on i found that i have not installed the game properly and it was due to the bad downloading process of the system, And i think that you are also dealing with the same, So what you have to do is just uninstall the game that you have install earlier and which is not in the working condition and then download the fresh copy of it with the official site and then again install it on the system and i hope that this time it will not give you the same error.

I think that there is the compatibility issue between the game and the system of yours so what you have to do is just see to where the system is lacking behind, The compatibility issue arises due to the incapability of the system to handle the game, So what you have to do in this case is just take evasive actions and fill out the system requirements where it is lacking behind. Here are some of the system requirements that you need to consider.
    Recommended
    • Windows XP
    • 2.0+ GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor
    • 512 MB RAM
    • ATI or Nvidia card with 256 MB video memory

Minimum
    • Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98
    • 1.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor
    • 512 MB RAM
    • ATI Radeon 8500 or Nvidia GeForce 3 with 64 MB video memory
    • DirectX 8.0 compatible sound

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time for finding the solution, I came to know my mistake due to which i was getting that error the thing is that actually i made mistakes and choose wrong options during installation process of the game, But now i have sorted the problem by uninstalling the game and again installing the same game with its latest version. But now i am facing a new problem the problem here is that i am not ale to play with the multiple players, The multiple player option is still disabled by it and i don't know why, please help me in fixing this problem.

I t seems to me that you have solved the issue with single player and you have to deal with the multiple player issue, Now what i want you to do is that i have an better option for you in this case you just uninstall that game and install the other version of medal of honor because the medal of honor that you are trying to play is not having the ability to play with multiple player. so i will suggest you to download the Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Multiple player Demo 1.0, which is nothing but the demo version and easily available on the net and also enjoy it till the updated versions, I guess all your requirements will be solved by this game because here you will be able to play with both single and multiple player. So download it as soon as possible and install it on to your system so that you can enjoy the demo version of it.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that to over come it you have to follow the below steps, these steps will help you in removing all the bugs that are present in the games, here are the steps that will hep you to solver the problem:
    1. First of all you have to do the updation of the video driver .
    2. But before doing that you have to remove your old drivers that are present in your system
    3. you can remove there driver by going to control pane and selecting the add remove hard ware and after that which driver you have to remove s
    4. After tha you have to run the Registry Fixer.
    5. What it will do is l clean traces of programs,
    6. Now insatall the new video Video driver.
    7. But keep one thing in mind that before installing the full version unistall the demo and the Ageia drivers, run Registry Fixer again, reboot then install the game.

in order to fix this issue, you guys need to install NVIDIA PHYSY drivers which can be found here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9...13-driver.html