Thread: Sims3Pack file location for Launcher?

Sims3Pack file location for Launcher?

Recently download the Sim3 game into my computer which is running under the windows XP operating system the system specification is the 2GB RAM with the 320GB hard disk space and the Inter processor. Te problem is after download the game from the EA store through internet; I can’t found the location of the launcher in my computer to run the game installer. I checked in everywhere of my machine but not found anywhere. Where it is gone? I know that the launcher will not start automatically, the user have to click on the installer of the game then he can able to run the program. After click on the install option it will more than one file at a time. So I now I want to know that is it possible to store the sim3 pack file in some other place and run it later by the manual instead of the auto run by the windows? Also is applicable n the Apple MACBOOK laptop? Also suggest me to back up the files before installation. Any other suggestion will be appreciated…

Re: Sims3Pack file location for Launcher?

I think there should be the patch required to run the game into the MAC machine. Do you use ant patch for the game? Where you download the sim3 pack file? As per my knowledge the sim3pack code file can use only the 1.8 patched games. You have to bring to run the sim3pack file into the machine. It you help to make a back up of the game file. Sometimes it founds the download may paused for the interruption of the EADM in the windows or for the corrupted of the EADM. So make sure that you download the full file of the sim3pack. The broken file are comes for the EA web-sites fault. If it is not download full then re-download it and then try to install it in the machine. the game location is should be in the download folder of the browser or the download manager if you are using that one. or you can also locate it from the download link, just right click on the downloaded file of the download manager and browse the location of the file folder.

There is simple instruction to make the backup of the file before installing the sim3pack file. Also did if you are going to install the patch file for the game. Like to suggest you that make sure that you download the full file of the sim3 pack from the EA site. Because after the download it will appear automatically to install the game into the machine, and if it will not appears the auto run then sure that the sim3pack is not installed properly.
    1. Alter the resource.cfg file to accept DBC files with this line "PackedFile Mods/DCCache/*.dbc",
    2. Create the DCCache in \Mods\ folder, if not exists in your system.
    3. Copy your .dbc file(s) from Documents folder and the paste it into your \Mods\DCCache\ folder, and also
    4. Copy your Riverview.world file from Document folder and paste it into your both the folder-
    o \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\ or
    o \Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Just go through the following steps that might be help you regarding your issue. There is extractor tool which is used to extract any file whether it is a gem file or anything else from the original downloaded file. If you download the sim3pack file and not able to access or locate the, launcher file from the original file the just go through the steps. Hope it will help you to locate the launcher file of the game. First you go to file downloaded folder I the desired drive. Drag and drop then folder into some other place in the computer. Open the EA launcher and check all the option which are used to install the game into the machine, and click on Install. All of the file will be install in a single bunch. I did this, it works fine locate the installer file and by that install the game. i id te above mentioned procedure and it works now.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600