Thread: Nvidia GeForce 400 crashes with Medal of Honor

Nvidia GeForce 400 crashes with Medal of Honor

I have installed Medal of Honor game application to the system and the issue is that the graphic card that I use that is Nvidia GeForce 400 leads to crash while playing the game. I do not know what could have been causing the same. Please help me out so that I can sort the issue and then perform well which will be better. Hope to get the solution and make the changes to get sort. I want to make the the things to be processed. I use Windows 7.

Re: Nvidia GeForce 400 crashes with Medal of Honor

You need to get the issue to be sorted out well by checking out the thing that is needed. All you need to do is to perform the aspect which is essential. This kind of problem has been faced by many and I would recommend you a desired solution for the same that is Changing DxVersion from auto to DX9 fixes the issue, and it has been reported that changing it from auto to DX10 also fixes the issue. That would imply that the problem is DX11 specific, which is the only other possibility when auto is being used. The crash occurs with the latest WHQL drivers, and the last two beta releases as well. I hope this will help you out well. So perform as assisted and make it work. Hope this helps you out well.

I have even faced the same issue and have tried lot of solutions but nothing worked for me either. Finally I tried one solution which gave a better output. I would suggest you to follow the procedure. I hope this will help you out. It seems like the majority of the issues with crash to desktop are related to the Nvidia 400 series card. We do, however, have a solution! Open your MoH multiplayer settings file. If you have Windows Vista/7 it is located at: C:\Users\<insert your computer account name here>\Documents\EA Games\Medal of Honor\Multiplayer. If you are using Windows XP, this problem does not apply to you because XP does not support DX10 or DX11 in the first place.Open the file called settings.ini. In this file you will find a line called DxVersion=auto. Change this to DxVersion=10 or DxVersion=9. 10 is preferable if your graphics card supports DirectX 10. So follow the desired steps that is been mentioned. I hope you may then be able to get sort of the change and work well as required. It will be better and work as required.

Another aspect through which you can make the things to get worked well is by looking out for the graphic card driver that is been installed. You need to perform well accordingly as essential. It will surely make the changes to get processed and work well. Remove the drivers that is been installed to the system and then get the updated pack of the same which will support the same as needed. It is essential for you and make the changes to get sort as required. It will be helpful and may then process out for the required thing. The driver may have some bug or the game is not able to cope well with the card. So look for compatibility which will be helpful and better. So make the aspect to be performed as suggested.

There is a way through which you can make the changes well to be performed and then set the game to work well without any issue. I would suggest you to Rename the Movies folder in your Medal of Honor\mods\MOH folder to Movies2, to skip the start up Movies which can be the cause of the Problem. Move your Battlefield 2 folder in My documents and put it on your desktop. When loading MOH Again it should force it to create a new one using default settings. Go here C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\Medal of Honor\Profiles\0001 and here C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\Medal of Honor\Profiles\0001\Defualt Or get there from using my documents on desktop. Open the video.con file with notepad and change the line VideoSettings.setResolution to VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@60Hz. Check you have no software forcing a set refresh rate, if you do disable it.If on a AGP card, try running at 4x speed instead of 8x speed. I believe ATI users can change this in there ATI control panel, or use the ATI panel in display settings. You can access display settings by right clicking on your desktop, then clicking properties. For Nvidia users it may be necessary to set it in the bios. By doing this the loss of FPS is very small, but you can significantly improve the systems stability. Check on your graphic card control panel that everything is set to application controlled to see if it helps. Re-Install the latest version of Directx from the Microsoft Website. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open up task manger. make sure that the process ~5.0001 is not running. If it is, end task it and try again. Use Driver Cleaner to erase your old Graphic Card drivers, then update to a more recent or stable version of graphic card drivers for your graphic card. Disable/Add MOH to DEP.

You may also try out another aspect by navigating through the locaton where the game is been installed and make certain changes. Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Medal of Honor\mods\MOH\Settings. Open up VideoDefault.con with notepad, and set the renderer.setFullScreen 0 and renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0 to renderer.setFullScreen 1 and renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1. As it is been done you may then be able to get the graphic mode to be performed well without any issue and process out as essential. So do look out for the changes and make it perform as required. I hope this resolves your query and you may then be able to play the game without any crash. Perform accordingly.

Look out for the system that is by making a clean boot process and then look out for the change which may be affective. All you need to perform is type msconfig in the searchbox of the Windows or start menu and hit enter. Now yo may get a selective startup were you need to choose Hide all Microsoft services and then disable them well as required. It will be essential and you may then get the aspect to be performed as needed. So do check out for the same and make it function well which will be better and can make it work that is necessary. Hope it resolves.