Thread: Slow FFXIV Performance?

Slow FFXIV Performance?

I have recently downloaded the beta open version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV game from the official website, the beta version is very good and i enjoyed playing it. The only problem that i come across was the speed of the game an the performance of the game in my system, as soon i installed the game and played it, the whole system was performing very slow and a number of the applications has become slow. So, please help with the solution to overcome the issue any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Slow FFXIV Performance?

The FINAL FANTASY XIV game is a very big game and you require a special system configuration for that in order to work in your system. So first provide the system configuration that you are using with your system which will make it easy for me to resolve your problem, as the game requires a certain amount of the RAM resource.

I am playing the FINAL FANTASY XIV game on the windows 7 operating system which has a 2 GB RAM and a video card of NVidia 330M GT – 2010. It uses an Intel processor which is Specs: 2.4GHz Core i5 which I think is good enough for gaming. These all I done on the Windows 7 OS via the Boot Camp. So, please now provide me with the solution to overcome the issue.

The system configuration that you have provided is good enough for playing the FINAL FANTASY XIV game in your system but the problem is that the RAM of 2 GB is not as well as it requires with these kind of the high end games. So, you have to increase the RAM capacity from 2 GB to at least 3 or 4 GB to play the game with full speed and all applications also work faster with that.

To increase the speed of the games in the system you have to do some settings In the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Config, previous to you start on the game:

• You need to Unmark "Ambient Occlusion"
    • You need to Unmark "Depth of Field"
    • You need to Tick "Disable Cut scene Effects"
    • You need to Set "Texture Quality" to normal
    • You need to Set "Texture filtering" to low.
    • You need to Set "Display Mode" to complete display
    • You need to Set "Window Size" to 1280x800
    • You need to Set "Multisampling" to No AA
    • You need to Set "Buffer Size" to motion/resolution
    • You need to Set "Shadow Detail" to low

The speed of the FINAL FANTASY XIV game in your system On the i5 MBP, try to use the subsequent settings - I got FFXIV from "barely playable" to "enjoyable", the FPS from 15-20 to 25-40 in the majority of the area and city with only 5°C supplementary on the GPU. Do some chances in the Config Menu in the game to enhance the performance;
    • You need to Set "Character Shadows" to OFF
    • You need to Set "Physics" to OFF
    • You need to Set "Dust Effects" to OFF
    • You need to Set "Extended drawing" to OFF

AS you have mentioned your specification above and according to that you need to make the Resolution: 1600x900 Full Screen and the Multisampling: 2x MSAA to increase the performance, the Buffer should be Resolution and the Shadow Detail should be Highest. Ambient Occlusion is kept off and Depth of Field is Off Cut scene Effects is off. Keep the Texture Quality high to get most of the game and the performance will be better after that. Texture Filtering must be highest in the settings.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

You can make some chances in the games settings to make the performance increase in the system and there will be an increase in the speed of the other video related applications; Make the Character Shadows On in the game settings and there is Dust effects which also has to be done as “ON”. The Extended drawing should be “off” in the settings and the physics should be kept as “off” as this setting does not affect the frame rate.