Thread: Star Craft 2 runs very hot on a MacBook Pro ?

Star Craft 2 runs very hot on a MacBook Pro ?

I have bought a new Macbook Pro 15" which has an Intel Core 2 Duo Penryn 2.5 GHz along with the nVidia Geforce 8600M GT with 512 MB. You guys must be knowing this all, Anyway. Recently i have got my copy of Start Craft 2 and i tried running it. I have attached my macbook with an external 21" ACD. I am having settings as follows for playing the SC2 on my Mac OS X.
    medium - 1200 x 800 (suggested settings)
    low - 1680 x 1050
    But the problem is that my macbook gets really really hot while playing it. Is there anybody running their hot macbook while playing this game?

Re: Star Craft 2 runs very hot on a MacBook Pro ?

I also heard that SC2 was suffering from some problems under Mac OS X, is this true? Is this something that Blizzard plans to address it? Just as the Windows version is more optimized, but otherwise apart from an error in 30 games for the moment, I had nothing. Still working to optimize, like wow, so until the last of the extensions that will be better.

If Starcraft was released simultaneously on Mac and PC, however, unlike some tracks he left Blizzard in different boxes for Mac and PC (Probably at the request of distributors that sell Mac games more expensive than PC games). Starcraft bought my CD pre-order the U.S. was supposed to be exclusively for Mac (it's what was written on the box and on the CD), but in fact the CD also contained the Windows installer.

Given the things you give, I advise you to check through the system monitor programs in the background when the mbp is 90 ° and the speed of the fan. Once done, you can argue with the dealer. There are many elements that can create this overheating, but knowing that the CM has already been changed, this should speed up their diagnosis. Seen that with the change of cm, you're machine is still under warranty, the machine downtime is relative, and must solve this problem. Make a backup of your data and save.
    The alternative => If given the system monitor everything seems normal dis-assembly of the machine and checking information heatsinks.

The Power Manager is an integrated circuit (chip) located on the logic board of the MacBook and MacBook Pro. As its name suggests, its role is to manage the computer's power. It controls backlighting, slow hard drive, sleep and its output, some aspects related to the battery, the trackpad and some input / output related to the sleep mode. Over time, the settings of Power Manager may become unusable, and cause malfunction of the computer. Your computer may refuse to turn for example, to exit the suspend mode of operation, charging the battery or the AC adapter to recognize, among others. Resetting the power manager is not intended to resolve blocking problems on the computer. You must reset the power manager as a last resort in case of hardware failure may be related to system power management. Resetting the Power Manager resets the default settings of the MacBook Pro hardware, including NVRAM (Non Volatile Random Access Memory), and forced the extinction of the computer.

Remain the leading cause ... dust. Inside the towers, it accumulates fast enough, which is also the case in the Mac Pro , a little less in the iMac, Mac mini and other MacBook Pro . Just think how well the dust before you put in play, even if on a Mac, Apple made sure to have a ventilation system studied. And speaking of StarCraft, many note performance problems on the Mac, including Mac OS X 10.6.4 and with nVidia cards (the majority on the Apple laptops). Pending version 10.6.5, better NVidia drivers and maybe a patch for StarCraft2, the best solution is to...play under Windows by downloading the client ad-hoc.