Thread: Not able to install World Adventures in Sims 3

Not able to install World Adventures in Sims 3

I have Sims 3 pack and it is been installed to the Macbook Pro. The system is been loaded with Mac OS X. I have recently upgraded Sims 3 to 1.8.25, and everything works fine. The problem arises when I try to install the World Adventures and it gives me an error message as "The Version of the game that you are running is incompatible with the data. Please update your game." I do not know what could have been the issue. Please help me out for the same. Hope to get a better solution.

Re: Not able to install World Adventures in Sims 3

The problem that you are facing is with the update. I think that the update you have used or installed may have some issue and this is the reason you are not able to work well or process out for the change that is required. So in order to function well or make the implementation It will be better that you do function out for the aspect which will surely let the changes to get executed and make it process as required. This is the best way through which you can make the implementation. Remove the update and get a fresh copy of the same. Now perform the reinstallation and look for the conclusion.

This is a kind of problem which now very common. many have found the same and even I used to face the problem. I tried some of the steps abd finally got to a solution. Hope it does work for you as well. I was getting this endless loop of the game trying to update every time I clicked on the WA shortcut icon and the launcher would launch and start trying to update the game, even though I had already updated it, or had thought I had updated it. It would then give the message you got, and shut every thing down without launching the game. I tried clicking the the WA shortcut icon several times and each time eventually got the same error. I finally tried to launch the game with the original Sims 3 shortcut, NOT the WA shortcut. The game again went into updating again. But this time the update finished with no problem. I then used the WA shortcut to launch the game and was able to get into the game. Hope this will help you out and make the aspect to be processed as r3equired. It will be better.

In order to make the changes to be implemented all you need to do is to check out for the desired solution that is been mentioned out. You may then be able to work well or make the game application to get executed as needed. All you need to do is to go to the game startup page, where you click before you play. A pop up should come and say:"Sims 3 is not updated. Would you like to update now?" Or something like that. Click yes, and wait for the EA game manager or whatever to finish. Then, I shut down the computer and try again. It should work. I know this can be INSANELY frustrating because I had the same problem. This will be better and you may then get to know well about the same. There would be no such installer issue with the game.

There is a better way through which you can make the issue to be sorted out well. You need to check out well in the registry key and make the changes. As it is been done you may then be able to perform the task as needed. It will be helpful and make the following changes to be processed. When you click the start menu, it will show a place for you to type in words. Type in the word "regedit" without the quotations, of course. This will open up a tab called Registry Editor that has a list of folders in it. First click the folder called "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE." You will see subfolders. Click the one called "Software". You will see more subfolders. Click the one called "Sims". You will see the subfolder "The Sims 3". Click it. Now on the right screen you will see a list of things. Double click the one called SKU. It will display a pop-up that allows you to change a number value. Remember the original number just in case this doesn't work .... Change the number value to 2...if that does not work use any number between 1-7 until it works. So check well as assisted. This is the best way through which you can make the implementation well for getting it processed.