Thread: Portal on a MacBook?

Portal on a MacBook?

I want to use Portal game for my macbook pro but I know its windows games. I need its MAC version which is difficult to find. I had run it via BOOT camp. I can download it from steam but I am not sure that my system will support or not. I am not interested to purchase full Orange box, I just want portal game. But question is about my macbook ? I am ready to increase laptop setting to maximum but it should look fine with enough frames per second. If you have better graphic card to use then please also suggest me. My Macbook pro ‘s configurations are:
    1. 13-inch: 2.66GHz intel core 2 duo
    2. 4GB RAM and 320 GB hard disk
    3. SD card slot and built in battery with 10 hours back up4
    4. NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics

Re: Portal on a MacBook?

If you just want to know about your laptop for this game, then I am sure that it will work. I saw your configuration and I am pretty sure that it will support. I am using little bit weak hardware support and I am able to run Portal game. It is decent game and do not use high graphic, so it should work. But do not take me as genius about macbook because I am using this game on windows 7. MAC OSX is complicated and I do not like its user interface.

I am using solid metallic MacBook pro with 2.0 GHz core 2 duo processor. Its RAM 4GB DDR3 RAM. I am using nvidia Geforce 9400M graphic card to get better resolution on my screen at gaming time. I have downloaded steam and it running without any problem. But when I start download PORTAl via stem I have to make restart stem otherwise portal will not run. Initially I was running this game on low setting and it was working without any problem. But 2 days ago I increased these settings with vey lower margin and set this resolution 1200x800. This game works fine. The trackpad works for a game similar to this, but I cannot actually envision playing something similar to Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead with no an real mouse. in spite of, Valve did a unbelievable job porting the basis engine to OSX.

I know that valves games have little bit good backwords compatibility. This portal games work well on my old laptop without any problem. So I hope this game will work fine but you have to set graphic option at low level and you should just receive 25 frames per seconds. And you also asked me for graphic card help then I have option use GMA950 and DX8 card to run PORTAL GAME smoothly in Dx8 mode. You should never use overclocking on your laptop because they just put risk on your system and it can spoil because of heat problem. So please run game smoothly with lower graphic resolution.

In fact, I will advice that Team force 2 is pretty much like portal with Episode 2 in conditions of graphics. Cel-Shaded graphics do not of necessity denote the game is graphically easy, Team force 2 is not. It is a good-looking game, marvelously urbanized. Episode 2 seems remarkably high-quality, and Valve has done a large career at fake material like trees, which appear wonderful from far afield, and when you employ the car that thing is quick but upon shut examination, the geometry is fairly easy. I do not believe the included graphics on the MacBook can be clever to grip a game similar to Portal; yet, I have observe several wonderful fabric come up later on a game's life-cycle (such as the unattractive Mod for forgetfulness which I cannot remember the name of, which made probable organization forgetfulness on aged computers; true, it look similar to crap...

No I do not think so it will work. Episode 2 utilize projected gloom and senior resolution texture, knock mapping is a group extra famous in Episode 2 also. And also Episode2 is also working AI and utilize extra physic substance which, at the same time as not moving the graphics card will be damage on the CPU.I advise downloading the half life 2 demo and observe how healthy that sprint with setting on high settings (but not AA or AF). I had approximation that to be similar to Portal with low excellence graphics.