Thread: New 2010 imac gaming

New 2010 imac gaming

Hi i am having the Macbook with me and it is serving me the best until now and i also i am happy that i own an Macbook , The thing here is that with in few days i am going to take the iMac though my Macbook is working fine and that to just for a change, I am a game addict and really i love to play games, the thing here is that if i shift over to iMac from Macbook . Now the games like Starcraft 2, counter strike are working fine with my Macbook but i am confused whether they will run on the iMac, So please anyone knows about it then please inform me and let me all the specifications of this games, Because if in case the system will not respond to the games then i will do the changes required. Also have any one tried using the iMac with this kinds of games if yes then please let me know that what should i do.

Re: New 2010 imac gaming

As per my knowledge games are cross platform and they will work perfectly only if all its requirements are satisfied, Also the thing is that the iMac does possess all such qualities so i think that you should look after it in a positive frame of mind and purchase it, i assure you that it will work fine with all those games that you want your system to run with. And the other most important thing that i want to tell you that just go and visit the official site of apple that will give you the best information.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that it is rather a concern regarding your system, what you have to do here is just stick what you have, I mean to say that if you have all the facilities with the same Macbook then why you want to upgrade it , it is good to upgrade and move towards the latest technology but if the Macbook is full filling all the requirements of your system and also of yours, Then you have to just stick what you have infact i will suggest you you not to purchase the iMac if there is no problem in your current system. Also you have to keep one thing in mind is that just make all the possible changes to your current system according to the games that you want to play or if the system will not support the game and it will burn the video card or anything else.

It is good that you are moving towards the latest technology and also one thing that i like the games that you are playing, All these games require all high quality of video resolution, Now as you are purchasing the new iMac then i would like to mention some of the key features of it which will help you in deciding what to do:
    27-inch iMac
    • Built-in 27-inch (viewable) LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix liquid crystal display with IPS technology
    • Resolution: 2560 by 1440 pixels
    • Typical brightness: 375 cd/m2
    • Can be attached to a wall mount, articulating arm, or other VESA-compliant mounting solution using the optional VESA Mount Adapter Kit
    • 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
    • Optional 2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
    • Optional 256GB solid-state drive

I think that the video resolutions play a vital role in the games and according to me the the games that you are trying to play need the highest resolution, and here are the video resolutions that are possessed by the iMac are as followed:
    1. ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR3 memory
    2. ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

This are the two processor that can be fixed on to your system and also the thing is that if you will select the highest memory processor then it will be more helpful to you.

I was also facing the similar problem a few days back and it seems to me that you are also suffered by the same , I was a bit confused i choosing the best one to use, But the thing here is that Starcraft 2 and the Counterstrike performs better under windows than osx. And also there are games that will run comfortably on the osx. There are something like shaders in the system that should always be kept at low range that will help you to run the game without any resistance, If you plan to keep shaders at high or ultra, the difference is night and day, the thing here is that i want you to select the one which has the best quality in the video resolution.