Thread: What is better for WoW: iMac or Mac Pro?

What is better for WoW: iMac or Mac Pro?

Hi i am a game addict and i usually love to play games the thing here is that they really provide lot of fun to me and that and also entertainment, Recently i have came to know about the WOW game which is nothing but the world of warcraft, World of warcraft is the multiplayer online game, it is also known as the MMORPG which is the massively multiplayer online role-playing game. The thing her is that i am a bit confused regarding this game , the game is fine but the thing that worrying me is that in which system i have to install the game in one of the two machine that i have , I have i mac and mac pro as the system, Also one thing that i want to mention here is that they all have the latest configuration but i don't know which one will give me the best performance please help me in this case.

Re: What is better for WoW: iMac or Mac Pro?

I have gone through your problem or rather i would say that it as the concern regarding the game as well as the system of yours, If you will ask me then i will suggest you to go with the iMac because it has the tendency to handle such types of games. The apple iMac has all the possible qualities to deal with such games in fact the video or the graphical appearance of the iMac is so powerful that will give you an fantastic environment to play this particular, Not only this game apple iMac supports lot of other games of the same caliber, So in my opinion you should go with the iMac instead of the Mac Pro, Hope this one will help you to decide which one is the best in the business.

It seems to me that iMac is the best in the business for such games because it has the ability to deal with it, Here are some of the specifications of the iMac that will give you an clear idea that what it is:
    The 21.5-inch iMac
    1. Height:17.75 inches (45.1 cm)
    2. Width:20.8 inches (52.8 cm)
    3. Depth:7.42 inches (18.85 cm)
    4. Weight:20.5 pounds (9.3 kg)
    5. Built-in 21.5-inch (viewable) LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix liquid crystal display with IPS technology
    6. Resolution: 1920 by 1080 pixels
    7. Typical brightness: 330 cd/m2
    8. 3.06GHz Intel Core i3 processor with 4MB level 3 cache; supports Hyper-Threading
    9. 3.6GHz Intel Core i5 processor with 4MB level 3 cache; supports Hyper-Threading and Turbo Boost

If you will ask me then i will suggest you to go with the mac pro because it has the ability to deal with the games, As this games require the high efficiency of video resolution and also the great speed, the thing here is that if you wish to go with it then it would prove to be the best deal for you and also all the requirements of the game are fulfilled by it, I want to suggest you this one because it is one of the the fastest Mac ever with up to 12 cores of processing power, advanced graphics, and lots of possible configurations. I hope that your game will run fine in this one. If not satisfied then you must visit the Apple official site to gain more information. What it will do is will provide all the specification of the system and then you will be to sort all your queries also the other important thing that i want to mention here is that it has the highest video resolutions which will provide you the best gaming output.
    Last edited by robodude; 20-10-2010 at 12:05 AM.

It seems to me that you should go with the mac pro because it has all the qualities that your game require to fit in. Here are some of its specification that will help you to know the ability of this system:
    • Two 2.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5620 “Westmere” processors
    • 12MB of fully shared L3 cache per processor
    • Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 2.66GHz
    • Hyper-Threading technology for up to 16 virtual cores
    • Integrated memory controller
    • 128-bit SSE4 SIMD engine
    • 64-bit data paths and registers
    • Optimized for energy efficiency

If you will ask me then i will suggest you that the mac pro is better then the iMac because the video quality of the system is fantastic or rather better then the iMac, The thing here is that now i am showing you the video or the graphical appearance of the mac pro,
    1. Double-wide, 16-lane PCI Express 2.0 graphics slot with one of the following graphics cards installed:
    2. ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, two Mini DisplayPort outputs, and one dual-link DVI port
    3. ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, two Mini DisplayPort outputs, and one dual-link DVI port
    4. Option to install two ATI Radeon HD 5770 cards
    5. Support for up to six displays2
    6. Support for digital resolutions up to 2560 by 1600 pixels
    7. Support for analog resolutions up to 2048 by 1536 pixels
    8. Video adapters available for:
    9. Additional DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (optional)
    10. VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter or DVI to VGA Display Adapter (optional)

I was also facing the similar confusion a few days back and also was not able to choose a better one in between them, But in you case i think that i can help you in a better way, I want you to use the iMac system if you are not using the Cataclysm, What it does is t gives you the best of the video outputs that will help you tho play the game efficiently, And if in case if you want he Cataclysm on your system while playing the game then i will suggest you to go with the Mac Pro, Because the thing here is that iMac is not compatible with the Cataclysm and Mac Pro does, so this is the reason why i want you to go with the each one of them in different condition , mow here the choice is all yours. You have to make the better one to be as your system and install the game on it and enjoy it till the last moment.