Thread: Flight Simulator X Mac Pro

Flight Simulator X Mac Pro

I currently have a Toshiba PC and I wanted to switch to Mac. I spotted a pattern that looks pretty good. I submit to you for your opinion.
    24 inch: 3.06 GHz
    Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz
    4 GB
    HDD 1to1
    8x double-layer SuperDrive
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 with 512 MB of memory or ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB. My question is more about the Flight Simulator X game, Is it supportive or not ? Please suggest.

Re: Flight Simulator X Mac Pro

Flight Simulator 2004 runs well on my MacBook Pro (and thus also on an iMac Intel, graphics chip even requires). Flight Simulator X but really a Pro application config nag to put everything thoroughly! I expect the Mac Pro to really use it. This is also the case for X-Plane Moreover, the 8 does that really pleases on a MacPro or PowerMac G5 at least one well-supplied RAM and video card. I received MS FS X Deluxe now impossible to turn sue the mac from MS support, the Mac is not a PC is a miracle that you have installed Windows XP Pro via bootcamp (I had the impression that the guys made fun of me), actually the problem I have is that the DVD-Rom does not second text box on the DVD installed from the file "readme" for the DVD.

There goes his roxx serious FSX I7. I have a 920, a GTX460. I is the 920 OC to 4 GHz! And everything is wonderful in FSX thoroughly. Its going to go off with your config! His grave will roxx with other games too. It seemed to me to hear that Asrock was not very good card for the CB (FSX likes high GHz) but it seems to me that extreme 3 has nothing to do. Otherwise I have an MSI X-58 Pro-E. Well she is perfect and you see. My proc to 4 or even a little more that would like the road very well. Good North Bridge heat a bit but if you there is good heat and a fan.

I personally tested the 2, X-Plane V9 first with whom I have stolen a lot, then I moved on FSX then I can not do without today. The first is to be reserved for hardcore professionals, or at least the drivers have been warned. It is the most realistic. The flight model is unique because it is based on the shape and composition of the aircraft. It also allows users to create their own aircraft and then test them in flight. It is also the only simulator to simulate well the condition sde flight in space and on Mars. Only problem, not least, it is very austere and it is often difficult to navigate through menus, whether to set the game or to select a new device or airport. It is not ergonomic in that direction.
    FSX meanwhile is more affordable for beginners because it is essentially turned to teaching precisely. The menus are clear, detailed and colorful. The flying lessons are super full and can learn from A to Z all the basics of flying, from simple flight with a small "hello" to instrument flight in extreme conditions on a jumbo jet.

It is really beautiful graphically, although it naturally demands a good big config to make it run correctly. The flight model is it less realistic than that of Xplane 9 because each unit has its own flight pattern. It is still very realistic, you're a novice or experienced pilot. For the 2 sets are superb (in + FSX anyway) but it will still buy more packs to add detail and realism to the environments. Xplane 9 is an excellent flight simulator but very austere and difficult to take charge: to be reserved for more seasoned of us. FSX is for me the flight simulator because it combines perfectly the beautiful graphics, the realism of flight and near-perfect ergonomics.

With the advent of X-Plane 9.30, yesterday, It seems that the question of the comparison between the two major flight simulators available to all not going to ask for long. Although Macuser, and therefore do not have FSX (I know you can also run on Macs, but ...) I do not think a great prophet by saying that X-Plane is now undoubtedly better for the simple reason, but it should not be overlooked:
    • simple installation and clear, which includes no less easy to uninstall
    • a remarkable fluidity on machines still not totally upscale (Macbook Pro 17 '2.66 GHz', 4GB RAM, nvidia 9600GT 512 MB VRAM card and lla 9400 standard will not so bad)
    • a perfect operation of the screen size (in my case 1920x1200 pixels without deformation).

MacBook Pro 15-inch and 17 boarded the new discrete GPU NVIDIA GeForce 330M GT, the fastest ever on a Mac notebook. With 48 processing cores and a maximum of 512 MB of dedicated video memory, this graphics processor delivers even more power than the previous generation. But do not sacrifice efficiency on the altar of speed: the NVIDIA GeForce 330M GT is up to 30% more energy efficient than its predecessor. And for even greater autonomy, MacBook Pro is also equipped with an integrated Intel graphics processor HD. Performance on demand and efficiency outsized. MacBook Pro 15-inch and 17 are equipped with standard automatic switching of graphics processors. This breakthrough technology from Apple will switch on the fly between the graphics processor to provide optimal performance in many times (like when you try the latest 3D game), or greater energy efficiency in everyday life .

If you really want to upgrade to FSX and gain power, the graphics card is the last element to change. FSX is mostly oriented CPU power and RAM speed. So first thing to change: CPU and motherboard and graphics card and finally RAM. For the moment all tests show that the couple is ideal for FSX:
    CPU: 980X i7
    RAM: 6 GB CASE 7 if possible
    GPU: GTX 480.