Thread: how to setup Cricket broadband to ps3

how to setup Cricket broadband to ps3

I have purchased a new ps3 last week. I want to know that can i connect my ps3 with cricket broadband, if yes then what is the procedure for connecting it.
    Please can some one please provide with a complete solution for connecting it.

Re: how to setup Cricket broadband to ps3

Yes you can use cricket with ps3. What you have to do is to follow this simple process. Firstly you have to plug the modem into the ps3 you have to have a desktop/laptop available.what you do is install cricket on your computer then connect.Go to internet sharing or network connection for xp. under internet sharing you will see in the column to the left manage network connection.click that
    Then right click on cricket wireless and go to properties.Then in the tabs at the top of the page you will see sharing.click it
    Then click the first box available.Then select local area network in the box below that.then click ok see that the other to check boxes should not be checked .Then go to the bottom of the page and click ok
    Then take a ethernet cable from said computer and plug it into your ps3. you should be able to get a network on your ps3 .if not try discconnecting from cricket and reconnecting then try the ps3 sometimes the connection has to be re established before it willl share it hope this helps now im trying to figure a way to hook a router up off that ethernet cable and power my ps3 and laptop with it thats gonna be fun

This is the solution for connecting cricket broadband to the ps3.
    • Connect ethernet cable to pc and ps3, go to start menu>>network & internet connections>>network connections
    • Right click Cricket Broadband Connection>>Properties>>Advanced Tab>>Click on allow other network users to connect through his connection>>Click OK
    • Click create a new connection under Network Tasks in Network Connections window
    • Connection Wizard comes up >>Click Next Click Set up home/office network
    • Click Finish>>Click Next 2x>> If found disconnected hardware comes up click Ignore box
    • Click Next>>Click This computer connects directly to internet(1st option)>>Click next
    • Select Cricket BB>>Next>>Select Ethernet Connection , deselect any other that may appear>>Click Next 3x
    • Turn on File and Printer Sharing>>Click Next 2x>>Click Finish
    • Must restart pc to apply settings
    • Once pc restarts Start menu>>Control Panel>>Network and Internet connections>>Network Connections
    • Right click Cricket BB>>Properties>>Advanced Tab>>Firewall Settings>>Click to off
    • Do same for any LAN connection..Right click>>Properties>>Advanced Tab>>Firewall settings>>Click to Off
    • Restart Pc again, as it is booting up turn on ps3>>Connect to Cricket BB
    • Then on PS3 go to Network Settings>>Set up connection>>Easy>>Hit X for everything that comes up, test connection and DONE

Even i had the same problem for connection between ps3 and cricket broadband but what i found out is that it is impossible. Sony ps3 is not compatible with cricket and cricket is not compatible with ps3 so if anyone find out something different please let me know.