Thread: How to transfer PS3 data to another PS3

How to transfer PS3 data to another PS3

My 60 GB PS3 is dead and I can not even turn it on. Service costs as super expensive, I still prefer to buy a new one (80 GB). I await the release of RE5 to buy new but I wonder how I'm going to do? In fact I'll end up with a 60 GB HS, which has my backups that I want to retrieve. Besides I have a new 80 GB HDD which is empty, so I would put my backup games on this one. What I want to keep my backups and it is also my PSN account. Is this possible? How can i transfer PS3 data to another PS3? Please help.

Re: How to transfer PS3 data to another PS3

Now you can transfer (copy or move) data that is stored on the hard drive of a PS3 system's hard drive to another PS3 system using an Ethernet cable.
    # When you run this operation, all data stored on the PS3 system that receives the new data (the "target system") is deleted.
    # As it is not possible to restore deleted data, do not accidentally delete important data. The user is responsible for any loss or damage of data.
    # It is possible that certain types of data can not be transferred.

Before starting the data transfer, you must perform the following steps.
    1. Update the system software on both PS3 systems to ensure they have the latest version.
    2. Prepare the PS3 system that will send the data (the "feeder system").
    If there are multiple users on the PS3 ™ system source, you must perform the following operations for all users before starting the data transfer.

* Create a PlayStation Network account if a user does not already own.
    * - Select (PlayStation Network)> (Sign in to PlayStation Network), then follow the instructions on the screen to create an account.
    * Turn off the PS3 system if the data contain a transfer purchased content from PlayStation Store.
    * - Select (PlayStation Network)> (Account Management)> (Activation System).
    * Save or "synchronize" information trophies in the PS3 system using the PlayStation Network server if you want to transfer information on trophies.
    * - Log in to PlayStation Network, then select (Game)> (Collection of trophies).
    * Log in (PlayStation Home) before transferring the data if you got rewards for use in (PlayStation Home) on the source system.
    * Back up your saved game profile information and levels that you created in LittleBigPlanet. You can then use this saved data when you play LittleBigPlanet on PS3 destination.

The following limitations apply if you transfer data without creating an account PlayStation Network

* It is possible that you can not use the data stored on the PS3 system to destination.
    * It is possible that you can not get trophies using recorded data that you transferred.
    * Information Trophies are not transferred.

Turn off both PS3 systems, and run the steps below. If the data transferred are data sets stored copy of which is prohibited or data protected by copyright, they are moved to the PS3 system to destination and removed from the PS3 system source.
    1. Using an Ethernet cable, make a direct connection between the two PS3 systems.
    You can use either a direct Ethernet cable or an Ethernet crossover cable.
    2. Connect the PS3 system to different video input connectors on the TV.
    For example, use the HDMI input connector and the video input connector on the TV.
    3. Turn on the TV and turn on the PS3 systems. Using the TV remote, switch the video input to display the PS3 system's source.
    4. On the PS3 system source, select (Settings)> (System Settings)> [Data Transfer Utility].
    5. Select Transfer data from the PS3 system to another PS3 system.

Once the data transfer is complete, you can turn off the PS3 system source. Set the TV to display the PS3 system's source, then select (Users)> (Turn off the system). If the operation has been carried out has resulted in the transfer of content downloaded from PlayStation Store, you must activate the PS3 ™ system to destination before you can use these data. Log on to the PS3 ™ system as the user owns the contents, then select (PlayStation Network)> (Account Management)> (Activation System) to activate the system.

Utility Data Transfer does not transfer some data types while others may be transferred, but can not be played on the PS3 system to destination. To obtain the latest information, visit SCE Web site for your area. It is not possible to transfer the following data types:
    * Video content downloaded to rent from PlayStation Store (file type: MNV).
    * Tracks (including "set pieces") for SingStar software that has been stored on the hard disk of the PS3 system.
    * Video files are protected by copyright (file types: MGV and ETS).
    * Video files compatible with the DivX VOD (Video On Demand).

The following data types can be used by performing additional steps once the data transfer is complete.
    * Download and install the application Life with PlayStation on the PS3 system to destination. You can continue to earn contribution points for the ranking system PlayStation Network Channel Folding home.
    * - The first time you play after transferring the data, an error message appears and you are unable to play. To play, download and install the game again
    * Data recorded from Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters : The Video Game
    * The saved game is not recognized the first time you play after transferring the data. To use the recorded data, quit the game, then restart it.