Thread: Lost Planet 2 Mic Problem

Lost Planet 2 Mic Problem

I bought a Logitech webcam with a headset. I bought this in a combo offer. Here I had managed to install the camera. Things are working fine. Now when I run multiplayer mode of Lost Planet 2 the mic does not respond at all. I tried checking the sound settings in the game but that shows it is place to optimum. I am not getting proper output from the mic as it is a new one, but on the same hand I can hear the voice of the game. The game works fine with no issues and there is no graphic fault also. I updated my drivers also from the motherboard disc. But nothing give out much help. I have a another multiplayer game also but in the same the issue is not solved. I think this looks like a hardware fault. How to fix this out. Thanks.

Re: Lost Planet 2 Mic Problem

It can be a hardware as well as a software fault in the system. This can be due to some corrupt audio files in your operating system which is causing the same. Before working on the game I will recommend you to first check the headphone on any other tool like Skype or Yahoo messenger. Also see whether you can record the sound of the mic via sound recorder. This is present in Windows. You just need to run the same and when you start recording the line on the recorder vibrates stating that the mic is active. If that does not shows any indication then you can choose any other system and test the mic. If mic fails to respond there also then that means the hardware is faulty and you will need to search for the replacement. If that works then go in Device Manager and right click on the audio device. Update there drivers. First in that check there is no exclamation mark on any types of devices. If it is there then you will need to re-install the driver for that. You can simply right click and remove the device. Then reboot your system and Windows will install the same automatically. The most common issue for that is lacking the most recent drivers for that. If you can arrange the most newest drivers then that can help yot to run the mic. Check the jack also and the volume button. Many time the volume button is set to low or it is muted due to which the audio is not recorded.

This is mostly due to inappropriate drivers in your system. For that I have a basic technique that can help you to activate your microphone in Windows. The steps are common for most of the systems. For this you have to go in Control panel and then you will have to look for sound and audio device. Open them up and then a windows will show you with advance configuration for sound settings. There you have to click on the voice tab. Then go to the end of the windows and look for test equipment thing. If you found the button then simply click on that which will open up a new windows. There you have to wait for while till you get the hardware listed in the screen. Windows searches for the plug and play compatible hardware and install the same. If there is no hardware listed then Windows is unable to detect your head phone. You will have to check that your mic is working or not. I will recommend you to look for a replacement for that. Look at the jack of the head phone. There are two jacks which comes with the head phone. In that one is read and one is green. The read I think is for the mic and green one is for the audio. There is a indication on the jack. Also check that your jack is working or not.

Just re-install your audio driver and that will fix the issue. In lost planet game settings you can see the audio option. There are some indications on that menu about voice and audio. You have to set the same to full. In some games there is on-spot testing thing is provided with some bar indication. You can drag that to end. Try using Yahoo Messenger to chat with your friend. If your friend can hear you then that mean your mic is working properly with no issue. But if the same is not then you will need to get a new mike. The most easy way is to record your own sound and then listen the on your head phones. If all things work well and the mic is only not working in the game then that means there is some file missing in the game for audio support. You will need to run certain patch for wait for the fix which is many a time released by the company. If still does not work then delete all the audio support from device manager and then reboot your system. After reboot windows will re-install everything back again and that might make it work.

Check in your system whether you have any media manager type thing installed in your system. If yes then remove it. This makes the configuration settings not to work in most of the application. Recently in my system I had downloaded a new audio player which by default installed a audio manage type tool in the system tray. When I clicked on that it showed me multiple setting related to equalizer and other things. Some time the audio sound very bad in headphone while playing games. But after removing that everything started working. The other important thing can be related to the audio jack if your mic is functioning well on any other system. There are two audio ports once connected to the front of cpu case and other at the backside. Try connecting directly to the backside of the cabinet and check whether it is working or not. Try using a different mic in your system. Most of the time a fresh driver updates can fix the issue out but if still you cannot get any help then I will recommend you to get a new mice. If there is a sound card in your system then try to change slot of the sound card or update it drivers. I think the issue is related to the jack which is not responding on the mic.