Thread: Fallout 3: issue on reproducible crashes

Fallout 3: issue on reproducible crashes

I having a DELL computer with the Windows Vista operating system recently installed the game “Fallout 3”. The game is really great one, but from the last 2 days I am facing a peculiar type of problem, while I run the game, by switching on the NPC then suddenly the game will crashes. But after a while I again able to play the game. A green text is appears in the screen, while I playing the game. Having no idea regarding the problems, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Fallout 3: issue on reproducible crashes

Reinstall the operating system (Vista), which is installed in the system, I preferred to change it with the Windows7. After the complete installation update the drivers which are used in the computer hardware and also for the game. If still you facing the same problem regarding the game then I suggest you for apply a patch for the game, according to its version, before that fresh install the game. Also one think is there, the .NET framework is needed to run the game, you should also update the .NET framework. While you installing the operating system you make sure that all the old data’s should be deleted.

List out the set up that you are using for the game, because according to your post I think that there should be some issue with the root, which GPU you are using? If you are using the NVIDIA GPU, then you also need to update the BIOS to it. I had the similar issue with my 9800GTS, I found that the problem was for the BIOS setting. The root of the BIOS setting was crashed in my machine, that’s why it was not responding while I run the game. I hope it will help you.

I supposed it is a sound related issue, whether or not the hardware issue it is truly the best way to troubleshoot the problem by the different components of the hardware. I recommend you try with the other sound driver/card. Try also with the some other RAM stick, it will possibly supply you the solution of the problem. If you found that the issue is for the hardware then be sure that the software or the driver or the operating system are not the issue.

Hello friend
    I having the HP computer and the windows XP is the operating system. Installed the Fallout 3 with patch 1.7, the patch is not working, though I cannot able to run the game I my computer, the game is crashed. I tried by reinstall it, but it also not worked. The machine is run with a 384MB integrated graphic card, I think it is enough to run the game. The screen is appears in black sometimes during playing the game in the computer, the sound is sometimes vanishes. What can I do now?

Do both you of have installed any video decoder, if you have any video decoder then go to “start” menu and type “ffshow” in the search option, and click on the configuration of the decoder. The video decoder is quite easy instead of the apply any patch to run the game. If you still not having this one, I suggest you to download and install the video decoder. In the ATI system, I know that the problem that you mentioned is not caused for the graphic card.

Relevant issue, on the CTD, whenever I tried to enter into the Reactor chamber to Vault 87, the game will paused suddenly in the computer. When I pressed for any operation in the game from the keyboard, either the keyboard will not respond or the system will freeze for a while. But it happens in randomly not the regular basis. I tried by upgrade the .NET framework, but there is no result. I applied a patch for the game but it is also not works. Is there any having the same issue with a solution? Or any oter suggestion will be appreciated. My system specification is
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 880 GTS (Driver version 180.43)
    MEMORY: 2GB
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2193 Mhz