Thread: Command & Conquer Generals: Horrid Gameplay Lag

Command & Conquer Generals: Horrid Gameplay Lag

I am not able to play “Command & Conquer Generals” game on my computer from morning. I do not where the problem is. I don’t think so that it is happening just because of Graphic card problem because it was working form last two month properly. I have made my all setting on normal level but still its making my system slow. My system is getting worse and worse as I am trying to play it for long time especially on multiplayer option. Anyone here who have solution for this problem? My systems details are:
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    MOBO: ASUS P4S533
    CPU: P4 2.8ghz / 533
    1GB PC2700 Ram
    VIDEO: BFG 6600GT OC AGP x4/x8

Re: Command & Conquer Generals: Horrid Gameplay Lag

Yes you should not have any problem with your system. I am agreeing that system is not very fast but sill it above from the Game requirements, so it should properly. You are saying that your system is getting slow and slow, so from my experience problem can be located in your cooling system. I am sure that it is not a gamming issue, problem is in your hardware but still I will suggest you that you should contact EA GAMES to get supports.

Thanks a lot for coming on this forum. I have already called EA games but they are working like copy machine. Every time they sent me entire copy and paste “just update your audio and video drivers”. They have just one solution they send it for every problem. I email them again that I have everything up to date and my system is fully top notch shape. Main thing is that, I am not seeing any problem with it on another program.

My experience suggests me that it should be processor related problem. You should try to work on your processor. It’s not that your system has small processor but this kind of games work heavily via CPU. You must attempt playing a fight next to the PC with just one rival to see if that the issue. I am sure you will be able to find some solution. You can also have BIOS Update. Let me know what happen …..

You force me to remember me my problem. I faced this same issue almost 1 year ago while I was having same game on my machine. I was using Athlon XP 1700+ and it was working with 1 GB RAM. It was pretty enough to bare this game but it was making my system slow on single players also. It happens basically because of system resources problem and I think so bcz of not having required memory…..but I do not think like this. It is happening because your system CPU is not enough to work with this game. Upgrade your system configuration

I was also facing this problem 6 months before while my system was much much better than its required configuration. I read somewhere that problem is related to game not your system. This problem will happen, does not matter which system you are using. I had solved my problem by reinstalling this whole game from system. Try it on your system also. I am sure it will solve your problem.