Thread: Master of Orion II and Windows 7 - graphical glitch

Master of Orion II and Windows 7 - graphical glitch

I am anticipating somebody has tried installing it and had full achievement by means of it. I have comprised and installed it and patched it up to version or description 1.31. Capability is set at win95 and 640x480 for declaration. It runs great except it give the impression of being similar to the color pallete is the entire messed up. I diminish color depth to 16bit and tranquil nothing. I might work this on Vista additional than I remember having a comparable issue at the beginning. It was a small number of years ago so I do not remember what I did to get it to work.

Re: Master of Orion II and Windows 7 - graphical glitch

I was by no means capable to get it to run appropriately in Vista, additional than perhaps I did not try extremely hard. This is how I ran it in DOSBox, immediately revolutionize the paths to create it match up by means of your PC. By commencing the Z:\ prompt... mount c c:\dos mount d h:\ -t cdrom those steps are completed each time. If you are installing the whole thing to a flash drive and utilizing the portable version or description of dosbox, copy the CD into a directory, then point to with the intention of directory when specifying the cdrom position. To install the game.

Well I imagine I originate an explanation even though there are tranquil some tweaks to do. Referring to an additional thread regarding a graphic tribulations on AoE:II, a user posted this information in sequence. For this or in this you have to open the task manager up (right hit it off on taskbar, and start task manager). You have to put out of action "explorer.exe" (yes this determine to create the whole thing disappear additional than you be able to get it back from starting "explorer.exe" again). After that you have to start the game by utilizing the task manager (File, New Task (Run). This collective by means of setting the compatibility tab to Win95 and set 640x480 as well as lowering the color profundity to 16bits seems to create it work.

I fixed my commands subsequent to locating my CD >< I did not encompass it pointing to the right install file. Create certain your disk even though, As far as I be familiar with together versions or descriptions were always released mutually. The Windows uses orion95.exe to commence the game, and setup.exe to install. Dos utilize orion2.exe to commence the game, and install.exe to install. Well it's been 3 days and no crashing. Consequently the procedure given + the settings on the compatibility mode are running.

I determine to absolutely maintain this as an substitute. The most recent tweak seem to encompass fixed tribulations. Even though I not be able to say for certain Compatibility set on WinXp(SP2), 256 colors, 640x480. You do the task manager process as explained. I played MoO2 for a diminutive in excess of an hour by means of no crashing (perhaps I got lucky). I determine to observe tonight when I persist my game. The diminutive graphic tribulations are still there. It's so minor despite the fact with the intention of that it actually does not affect your gameplay at the entire and you basically do not notice it subsequent to a while. I anticipate as additional people have Windows 7 and play approximately by means of settings for this game with the intention of a solution by means of doing a simple "slide in cd and play" determine to be found. For the meantime, I imagine this determine to do immediately extremely well.

Exceptional direct for getting this running in Windows 7. I encompass automated your procedure in a .bat file. Immediately generate a text file utilize notepad and save with the intention of file by means of the following information in sequence beneath (this is utilize the defaulting install path for Moo2). Be certain to save your file as "moo2.bat" TASKKILL /F /IM "explorer.exe" cd C:\"Program Files"\Microprose\Orion2 start /w C:\"Program Files"\Microprose\Orion2\Orion95.exe start C:\Windows\explorer.exe immediately twice hit it off the bat file and it determine to kill the explorer.exe, start moo2 and then restart explorer when you quit moo2. I anticipate somebody finds this helpful!

It almost certainly did not install, you be able to create certain the program files (x86) directory and observe if it is there. I got it to run by installing it first on a system and with the intention of I knew MOO2 would run, then copied the complete micropose folder and placed the complete folder in the program files (x86) register. As mentioned you determine to necessitate a dplay.dll file (it does not seem to substance if this file is place in the windows system, windows system32 or the windows SysWOW64 directory, so I placed in the entire three as several additional old games necessitate it. You be able to locate with the intention of file by goggling it or copy the dplayx.dll file originate in the windows SysWOW64 directory and rename it dplay.dll and place it in the declare directories as you chose, be certain with the intention of you tranquil have the dplayx.dll file in the SysWOW64 directory as it is needed. Then the bat file is supposed to work, immediately be certain you utilize the 64 bit bat file and not the 32 bit file.