Thread: Civilization III on linux

Civilization III on linux

Does Civilization III run correctly with WineX on Linux. If yes, what version of WineX and where to find the list of compatible games WineX (by writing it, I realize that I was not on their site, surf a little faster over here. Civilization III running 4 / 5 PTW 3 / 5 and Conquest 4 / 5. Why it does not work properly? Please help.

Re: Civilization III on linux

There are updates for almost every game civilization 3, are generally bug fixes and some additional features. The updates are in the form of patches executable format. Run. It is normally necessary to perform each update in order for example by passing a game from version 1.0 to 1.1, then 1.1 to 1.2, etc.. To simplify things, civilization has created patches called "unified" that can go directly from the original version to the latest available version.

The Wine AppDB remains the best way to know if a game is supported or not.
    If you want to experience "first hand", here are the games I have rotated with Ubuntu 7.10 and Wine (0.9.48, I think, but I'm not sure and my version has changed over time):
    Those who walk perfectly:
    - Diablo II (no problem, but then none)
    - Age of Mythology (no problem)
    - Stalker (as dynamic lighting is off)
    - Serious Sam (it seems there's a Linux build, but I've never tested).

Civilization 3 carries great expectations. If one side, the result is pleasing, thanks to the many improvements that thin the gameplay and add depth to the game (or even heighten the realism of evolution), some aspects of the game weigh down the whole. As for graphics, Civ 3 has nothing to envy Call To Power II apart from the opportunity to see his city grow up (dream of any player faithful to the saga) and may even seem confused as is also all securities Civilization isometrically (brief, all but the first Civ and Civnet, Examples of clarity and ergonomics). Still, the phenomenal depth of play is inevitable, endless re-playability, especially with the new principles of cultural influence and strategic resources.