Thread: Can't run Empire Total War on Windows 7

Can't run Empire Total War on Windows 7

Hello friend,
    I have a DELL computer with the Windows XP operating system, with the security of “Empire total war”. I found a problem in my computer not the turning on, for the RAM and the processor. Then I reconfigure the computer, these are like 4GB RAM, 3.5 dual core processor, 256 MB graphics card and Windows 7 Home basic, after that I still not able to turn on my computer. I searched for the compatibility center, and remove the Empire IS to run with the windows 7, someone said that the problem may occur for the graphics card. I mainly used the machine for the gaming purpose, but for the problem I can’t play games. Is there any one will help me to overcome from the problem?

Re: Can't run Empire Total War on Windows 7

You should check the manufacturer certificate for the system configuration, and sure that this is a PCI express slot. It may occur for the BIOS; you installed the new operating system, but are you update the BIOS. Update the BIOS, and then try for anything. As you mentioned in the post that the problem is might be for the graphics card, generally maximum cards are 9600gt for performance with the windows 7 operating system. But it does not require the upgrade of the any other part of the hardware.

The installation is very typical, for that you should need to take away the case, the slot will usually go towards the top of the machine, it will fix in a particular way. Remember don’t force for any operation, you should remove the metal slot from the back side of the machine, it is very easy to operate. Just put the card into the slot, and it will snap the machine. After that the machine requires for the reboot, do it, and insert the CD which is comes with the slot, install the software on the computer and also install the latest driver for the gaming purpose, though you mention you used it mainly for the gaming purpose. And lastly reinstall the Empire, after that I hope all the problem that you are using will be finish.

Do you install the operating system from the OS DVD, I suggest you to go for the manual installation by typing some command prompt “steam.exe -install E:”. It will locate the E: as the DVD drive. You should adjust that one as you like, for that you should be in the directory steam.exe also you should provide the full name file name. The Steam.exe will install from the DVD. If you fails to do this then try to do this one by double click on the setup.exe. I hope this will help you for the manual installation of the Game.

would like to recommend you for checking the graphics card of the machine, it may cause for the low performance by the processor. I had the similar just few months ago then I installed “Napoleon total war”, and it works great. I am having the machine which configured as like AMD Athlon 5200, 2.6 ghz processor. 2 gb of RAM, and 320 gb hard drive. But the only problem was my graphic card is the 512mb with Nvidia 9600gt. So suggest you to go for the Napoleon total war, it comes in a very cheap price.

I think the napoleon total war, that is mentioned in another post it will also give you the same performance in the Dual-core processor system. But one thing is that you no need to upgrade the power supply of the card. The card is a cheapest one, I also don’t think so the problem is for the Graphic card, you may need to upgrade the Nvidia or the ATI card power supply. I seemed it is a driver issue for not. I suggest not to bother do anything, you just change the card with the ATI.