Thread: modern warfare 2 for ps3 not connecting

modern warfare 2 for ps3 not connecting

Hi I am using the Airtel broadband service for my internet connection and i use the olan turbo1299, I have got this plan just for gaming purpose because i am the game lover and love to play different games. But thing is that whenever i start playing the modern warfare 2 game with my PS3 it just gives me a message saying that "connecting to matchmaking server". And the game will not start at all even though i get the speed of 1mbps at night. Can any one help me in this case if yes than please do it soon cause i am worried a lot .

Re: modern warfare 2 for ps3 not connecting

The first thing i want you to do is check all the internet connections that you have made, Check the connection details by performing the connection test what it will do is just give an idea to you whether your connection is proper or not. Also perform Ping it will let you know that whether the network is fine or not or what is the speed. Because in this case if your ps3 is fine then the only issue remains is the network than please check it out or assemble it again and give it a try.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is something wrong with your ps3 so what you have to do is just put your PS3 on dmz mode the DMZ mode is nothing but the demilitarized zone that will enhance the security of your ps3 and then forward your port number. Please try this once i hope that this will help you for sure. If not the try any other mediator to play the game.

First of all thank you for considering my problem and spending your vital time for finding the solution, But the thing is that i have tried the network connection test and that didn't work i mean to say that there is nothing wrong with it and also the network speed is fine as said by you i tried keeping my ps3 at the DMZ mode and forwarded the port number 3074. Please help me i still can't find any solution for it.

I was also facing the similar problem a few months back and finally managed to find a solution for it. What you do is just try and remove the PS3 and use the xbox live. Because it is the best in the business and it is better to use it with the xbox live and play the modern warfare 2 which i feel will give the best effect than the PS3. Because the xbox live is far more better than the PS3 performance wise.