Thread: problem with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light cant create a save game file .. PLZ help

Post problem with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light cant create a save game file .. PLZ help

hi every buddy
    i cant save my progress in the game .. the game is unable to create the autosave file
    plz help meeee

Re: problem with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light cant create a save game file .. PLZ help

I am also having same problem. The game gives message in beginning itself that no autosave file can be created due to which each time the game has to be played from the first level. Is there any solution?

Re: problem with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light cant create a save game file .. PLZ help

I also faced this same problem on my pc and I don't know how to restore your progress after you already created another save file. When you restart the game, it asks if you want to create another save file. I answered "no", and the game told me my progress wouldn't be saved. I exited the game in the menu and restarted. This time, my save file was OK. Unfortunately, this doesn't help if you already have another auto-save. In any case you can try to overwrite the save game files of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in your pc by downloading it from here - Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light save game download and location

in my situation the game is not creating any save file giving me this "failed to create autosave file"
    and still unable to play it .. plz help

You are a victim of the bug is that if you throw the game through the menu that appears to autostart (autorun) and then loads backups are not possible, the screens remain empty. Fortunately the solution is very simple with two choices that will allow you to save and load without problems:
    1. Either you click on Exit and you throw the game by its shortcut icon.
    2. Either you block autorun for a while now the Shift key while the reader begins to read the CD, then you use the shortcut.

tried .. didnt work

After some searching (fortunately someone else had found their save file location) it looks as if the game uses Steam cloud saves ONLY, and while that's really convenient, this is exactly the sort of problem that one can have when you can't manually back up your saves.

Anyway, it looks like the autosave gets stored/cached somewhere like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[numbers]\35130"

mglazarte Guest

for all those Windows 7 or vista users that have this kind of problem. this is a working solution. just right click the game shortcut and choose "run as administrator". or right click the game shortcut and go to Properties and click the Compatibility tab and put a check on "Run this program as administrator" to make it always run in administrator.

THX Dude it works properly !!!