Thread: Counter Strike Source Crash/Black Screen

Counter Strike Source Crash/Black Screen

I love to play games on computer and counter strike is one of my favorite games but now I am facing some problem to play that. Whenever I start the game, It runs fine for 3 to 5 minutes but after that it stops and the whole screen goes blank. After this I cannot open any application, not even the task manager to end the process and I am bound to restart the computer. If anyone has any idea about this then please post it. Thank you.

Re: Counter Strike Source Crash/Black Screen

I was able to solve the problem when I was getting the issue. It was the problem with the graphic card that I was using. I installed the wrong driver software for the card and which was creating the problem. I installed the drivers for the 32bit version and I was using 64bit version of win7. From when I installed the appropriate driver, I have not seen any such issue. Make sure that you have installed the proper driver for the card.

Ya…Ninja-X is right. You may have installed the wrong driver by mistake and I you have install the correct driver and still getting the problem then I think your driver which is in use may have corrupted. Uninstall the driver and install it again. Try to play the game and if you are getting the problem gain then download the latest driver and install that. I am sure this will help you.

I think that the setup you are using for it may be corrupted and that is why it is able to install it properly on your computer. You just have to uninstall the existing counter strike and install it again with the fresh setup. This will create the fresh copy of files for your Counter strike and will solve the problem. Reinstalling it will be the best option for you will definitely solve the issue it that is related with the setup.

This may be caused because there may be bad sectors in your hard drive. Bad sectors mean some corrupted files or memory. It can also be caused by the virus in your system. Just scan your system with the updated antivirus and clear or delete the files which are affected by the virus. Make sure that the database of the antivirus should be updated otherwise it will not detect some threads and that may create problem again.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

You may have resolution problem. Have you tried to play it in less resolution? Play it in less resolution and I this this will not go blank again. I did this when the counter strike closed automatically after few minutes and I get it solved. You can also use the command line option and try running in a window with -w. Make sure that you have enough main memory to support the game.

unsure Re: Counter Strike Source Crash/Black Screen

thi is not a rply. i was also effecting from same error. if that error is caused by driver . it is said that windows7 has driver in it there is no need for drivers and one thing that some driver which does not supports in win7 wat abt that

Even I think that there should be no issue of driver. The games crashes mainly because either it is not compatible with operating system or not having minimum requirements. So the main thing is to check the minimum requirements needed for the game.

You can try the following to get it solved:
    • Update all your drivers
    • Turn Vsync off
    • Turn off some facilities that nvidia offerred you.
    • Try to play in less resolution.
    • Check the temperature of my computer.
    • Try to run the game on both windows xp and 7.
    • Validate cache files throughout steam