Thread: Mafia II slows down on my system

Mafia II slows down on my system

I like gaming on the computer. For this purpose i have purchased Mafia II for for my system. When i play this game it work fine for few seconds and after that the game slows down. I have this game installed on my new laptop, which is working fine. I have tried to fix this by doing many things but not able to solve it out. Do any one have suggestion for this?

Re: Mafia II slows down on my system

I feel that you are playing a very new game and the problem which you are facing is common in such games. For getting a fix you will have to post on the official Mafia 2 troubleshooting forums, there you will be getting the support from the developers. Also make a check of the graphics drivers i.e. whether they are up to date or not.

Thanks for the reply. Still my problem is not getting solved even after trying to implement the solutions provided by you. I tried to update my drivers in the laptop, but really not getting any difference. Even i have tried running the game at the lower resolution and this to did not helped me out. It is now frustrating me and does not understand what to do.

Mafia II requires high configuration as it is very demanding game. It requires 2 cores cpu at 2.8. You are not the one who is having this problem Even i have faced this kind of problem. So my advice to you is that lower the graphic setting and try to play it without physx. See what you get after trying this fix. Give me your reply after doing that.

Thanks for the reply you posted here. I have tried to update the driver of my computer and it has improved my performance a bit. As you advice that i should visit to the developers of the mafia 2. So i visited them and really they provided me a great help. Now i am playing the game without any difficulty. Once again thanks to all.