Thread: How to fix Dirt 2 is stuttering ?

How to fix Dirt 2 is stuttering ?

Hi, I have just build a PC, AMD 965 black 3.2 GHZ, 2 GB Ram and ati 5870 1gb GPU, I have installed all the most recent drivers, plus hot fix but when I run Dirt 2 I am receiving around 30-40 fps but its running actually bad, the merely way I am able to explain it is when we play it or run the benchmark it’s similar to the cars are on elastic bands, its going OK and then it’s like they are being detained back and then it goes OK again, and it just goes on similar to that, I have tried installing the somewhat older 9.11 driver, there is a minor development but not much, I have been on some other forums and people are saying that if they install the HDMI sound driver the game crashes, so I have not installed that. On my own rig it runs very well, and I am running an AMD 9950 BE with 8B GB ram and two 4078 in crossfire, at the present on paper my machine is improved but will not run Dirt 2 easily. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Re: How to fix Dirt 2 is stuttering ?

I am also facing the same stutters as like you man, and I completely recognize what you mean by the "elastic bands" result. I have an ATI 5870 which is invented to do speculate in that game, but I stutter or hitch when I put the presets to at extreme, so I am enforced to be on average, which is really annoying. Anyways, it is either could be connected to hardware troubles like hard disk drive or RAM, or software regarding. Did you purchase the definite disk or installed it through Steam?

Well I have done both, I got the game free with my card and so I set up the vapor account and downloaded it and I have also try this to get it with a disc but obtain the similar special effects, but with the 5870 you should be able to run the game with the whole thing maxed out, I do be acquainted with that you will obtain somewhat less fps than I do using my 2x 4870 but that’s the reason that the 5870 has a lot additional to process, so I am led to consider guess you and other 5870 users will have to wait until the drivers grown-up which is very irritating and I am happy that you get what I mean by the elastic band outcome. The thing is that it is when we are very primary played it on my rig it ran sweet, but now for some cause it does not.

I did not recognize that what you were with an AMD 965 Phenom II, and your specification is alike to mine. Anyways, I try to attempt the switching the DVI port because the additional port have bugs and ran DIRT 2 once more today, similar result. I was able to point of fact max out the settings if I keep the resolution lesser my native resolution is 1920x1080 to 1440x900 this. Stuttering at that resolution has reduced considerably, but still distant from that level FPS I long for. Yup, I am very much think that it is regarding to driver troubles, so our most excellent bet is to stay until a solution is available, hopefully.

And related to this I have not tried it and I am now downloading it another time from the steam as I format its PC, Once its complete I will come to you to allow you be acquainted with how and his native resolution is 1920x1200 other than those individuals who has 5870 should grip that no harms. And why should you decrease settings, this card should I deal with without you having to compromise. So you just bring the new drivers so it will help you.

Hey I have read this and regarding this I do not think that in this you have to re format it. Because I have also face this but around one month ago so I am little bit familiar with this. So I know this very better. So I do not think that format will solve your issue which is related to your IMO, Because I have done this for three times but I have got the same result.

Thanks for that, I mean for your post because I have did like that as you have suggested to do and I got the solution for my issue. And hey I have just forget o tell you that I have also experiencing the same issue. I am just d/l it now, but won’t get chance to attempt it until later I believe it might sort out the glitches with my cards as they are crossfire, but not my bro`s he is running a solitary 5870 and is have knowledge about the more harms that I do, I will let you know the results, thanks again.