Thread: Starcraft 2: Dual or Quad Core?

Starcraft 2: Dual or Quad Core?

The game of starcraft 1 is played by me, i am interested in providing better settings of mac for starcraft 2, so please any one let me know which intel processor may provide me this settings,as the sc2 runs on beta,which one will be best prefered for using dual core or quad core processor for my starcraft game 2.

Re: Starcraft 2: Dual or Quad Core?

The choice for using dual core or quad core processor, so i feel that the quad core gives the better performance means slightly differ from dual core,the linear scaling of quad processor is not so good,as the starcraft 2 rund on the beta version there is most requirement of the powerful cpu.

The problem for selecting the particular core, therefore according to me the dual core processor runs very well in dual core 620m than in the 720qm,so there is not much requirement of the multiple cores means the multithreading to handle it better , but the i5-520m is most powerful for the starcraft 2.

The starcraft 2 works on the beta version,there is average fps of 38fps on dual core and the 79fps on the quad core, as you feel that hyper threading provides the performance to the games so according to me it reduces its performance, the only thing you have to focus is upon the gpu where you may add the second gpu to your machine.

The beta version of starcraft 2 is not supporting the anti-aliasing,so there are requirement for the graphic driver and the special tools,the graphic of starcraft 2 are good,the battles among the protoss and the zerg creates dust among the engine of game,which gives stress over the processor,the animated units mostly add workloads on the cpu.