Thread: Windows XP mode on windows 7 and Modern Warefare 2

Windows XP mode on windows 7 and Modern Warefare 2

I bought the game Modern Warfare 2 when I still had Windows XP at this time it worked perfectly, not a single glitch. Unfortunately I switched to Windows 7 (x64) and now the game crashes every 15min (blue screen of death). So I installed Windows XP mode (Virtual PC) so you can again play this game on XP. But the problem is occurring after a successful installation, the game does not start, I receive the error message: "Fatal Error DirectX. Yet I have the latest version of DirectX 9 installed and I even reinstalled the version provided by the game . Also unable to install my ATI drivers in Virtual PC. So what is the problem please? Can you play games on Virtual PC? Or is it only for very basic applications?

Re: Windows XP mode on windows 7 and Modern Warefare 2

Windows XP mode is actually virtualization windows XP operating system! Because of this you are allowed to use the software that runs only on windows XP and not on windows 7. But in the case of games they require too many graphics. Your game should work on Windows 7. Have you tried to update your drivers on Windows 7? I am sure that this will solve your problem.

Thanks you for the response that you have given but it will be better if you can provide a more detailed explanation related to this. Are you might be a little more explicit. Why or exactly what these games would not work, what is the exact technical reason? If you can provide a technical explanation related to then there are chances that I can find the solution to this problem.

DirectX9 installed have no use if the video card does not follow, or VirtualPC has no capacity at its DirectX video card virtual, it's just good to see the office, lousy video, 3D and non-existent. Logic in a virtual machine, its stuff "virtual", they must NOHD plotted for virtual stuff and one more thing that they are installed when you install tools "Virtual Machine Additions" in the VM.

To be more precise VirtualPC is not intended for use DirectX applications. You can try your luck with VMware Player, which offers partial support DirectX. But first, did you start to patch your game with using the patch editor and then test compatibility options that are given in windows 7. You can perform accounting, development but no gaming.

Thank for the suggestion that are provided; now I need some more help from your side. After mishandling of authority I am no longer owner of my computer. I do even more or even do a restore to factory recovery. I think and I would say even more than that and I really need help. I will be waiting for the related reply. If you have the solution to this problem then I am interested in that.