Thread: Mafia II: Perfection for NVidia's Graphics Plus Technologies?

Mafia II: Perfection for NVidia's Graphics Plus Technologies?

Mafia II is the latest blockbuster game which has incorporated a lot of feature which will bring a more interactive experience to gamers. Mafia II is seemed to be very similar with Grand Theft Auto in terms of gameplay and mission layout. The one of the important thing about this game is that it has incorporated new technologies which will bring gameplay to next level. NVIDIA has Mafia II under his wing and built Physx, 3D Vision and surrounded gaming into its framework. This new technology strives to make the PC gaming experience unique. But it still uses DX9 API with all its limitation. What kind of impact you expect when enabling 3D Vision, surround and Physx with Mafia II?

Re: Mafia II: Perfection for NVidia's Graphics Plus Technologies?

My thought for this game and about the new feature it has incorporated. 3D Vision seems to be cool but look at the Framerate on 460 1GB you are getting 18.16 average and 11 min which is not acceptable. On 460 SLI you will get 41 avg and 19 minimum. By the time if you get pair of 460 plus 3d glasses and software and 3d monitor it will cost you upto $30.#d surround is fine but you need SLI setup for it to work. I am playing this game and somewhat the new technology incorporated in this game is fine. Overall it is a nice game to play.

I have played a lot of game and this one is really a fun game. I do not mind what Graphics Processing Unit it will use. I have read it review and review is great. And it is not a sandbox open world type of game. It has been a better game for me but I personally enjoy linear, story driven game. After playing demo of this game it seem that the new technology which NVIDIA has incorporated have hit the nail on the head with Mafia II. You do not need expensive system a pair of GTX 460 cards is enough to handle anything.

Mafia II is really a great game but the review on this game is not good. The Graphics is fine, good the Graphics are of quality of Mass Effect 2. Planning this game makes a lot of fun and the gameplay makes it awesome. Physx are not well incorporated. When you turn on the Physx it looks like the game of 2006.

Even I am playing this game the nice thing is the physx, if you turn off the particle and the smoke physx run just fine on the cpu. But the problem is that when it is at high it look stupid and at medium it looks fine. I am happy that physx is having another great year. The new feature Physx and 3D vision are really starting to set Pc gaming. I am at 5 or 5.7 Physx game right now.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I will agree with you if you are referring it for Batman for its great Physx. But in Mafia @ it is worst. In metro 2033 does not show any effect after turning Physx on or off . I do not have a NIVIDIA graphics card bur I has not seen any dropdown in the performance. Need for speed uses Physx for car collision and suspension. So this year is not good for Physx it is taken off by 3D Vision.