Thread: How to: Put old XBox hard drive in new xBox Slim

How to: Put old XBox hard drive in new xBox Slim

I am going for new XBox but I don’t want 250 GB or more version because my existing 120gb hard drive have sufficient space to use . I Want to go for a second XBox for having Netflix in it to watch t.v and movies on it also for multiple gaming and media extender in it. It is not a great idea to go for Xbox with 250gb because I hardly use 60gb of my older Xbox. I want my profile, games and themes etc on my new XBox, but I don’t want to spend for a transfer cable plus and for 250gb hard drive. So tell me can I install my 120gb hard drive on my brand new slim-line Xbox 360 console.

Re: How to: Put old XBox hard drive in new xBox S(lim)

You can place old hard drive in new xBox but you have to tale certain care for that the connection otherwise the connection will get sloppy and cause a hard drive error may be at that time also may be later on, so it may not be the great idea to place older hard drive in new xBox. so avoid to try this and invest some more to get all features you need.

You can do that but it will make the hard drive very unstable and may create problems like breaking the connector in xBox 360.Other than this it can also make the hard drive platters knock into each other also can shatter the hard drive.old hard drive of your xBox will work in the new slim perfectly. so you can go for it just remove it from older and fix it in the newer xBox S(lim).

You can do as take your old hard drive aside and place inside a hard drive that will have the same connector as the new xBox slim console. with some effort you can fix it to fit nicely into new one. also you can use Xbox 360 hard drive transfer kit which will help you to transfer the data from older xBox to new one. if you xbox live then you can recover your gamertag to new xBOx.

You can try to change the older hard drive to new xBox slim but there can be drawback of this solution can be that the slot used for the hard drive of your new slim is designed for the hard drive to be only for MS enclosure, so it may happen that the drive is not secured physically. you can actually take the hard drive out from your older xBox and can enclose and connect it to the new Xbox 360 slim.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever