Thread: No Sound while playing FEAR

No Sound while playing FEAR

I just got the FEAR game. I was playing it with demo before , I have installed it without any problem . I tried the game while downloading, got sound only on the first animation when the game started , when i move to start menu there where no sound. i am using an integrated SoundMax card which is running on on a Intel motherboard (D865PERC). What can be the factor behind the problem. How can I play fear with sound?

Re: No Sound while playing FEAR

Insert the game CD you have with you, move to My computer select cd-drive and right click and select "explore". Now select the folder named "support" present in your cd, then move to the folder "DirectX9". install direct X after you double click on "DXSETUP" and Launch your game, you can also try other option to solve it as
    • move to the "control Panel".
    • select "sound", you will see your sound card click it and select "properties", click on "levels" and increase all the sound tabs to maximum.
    Last edited by Mario2; 14-09-2010 at 11:27 AM.

The problem can be of a codec which is creating such a problem related to the sound while playing fear. you can go for 3rd party codecs for WMP this might help to resolve your problem. it may be that some of the supporting files missing from xp /system32/ folder "imaadp32.acm/ and 5 other .acm files . so reinstall windows xp in your machine and see if problem is solved.

It may happen that your machine is infected by virus so just scan your machine with latest and updated patches of anti virus. ensure that your machine is clean it may happen that virus is present on CD which you are using to load the game in your machine. so try to avoid CD which is virus infected that is pirated CD and go for legal CD. this can solve the problem.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

check for the volume settings in the game, It may be possible that computer sounds are linked to music instead of linking to speech. basic reason can be that the sound for the game is off or down which is creating this issue.
    while using dialogue you have to make changes in the stringdatabase and by include them in your machines archive file. if you are using soundfx check if
    • volume is maximum.
    • set the priority as 2 which is high priority, 0 is low priority and 2 is the highest priority.
    • set mix channel to either 2 or 1.(2 for music and 1 for speech).

It might possible that your volume setting for the game is not properly set. It is may be the case that your computer sounds are linked to music instead of speech and possibly the volume is set to the minimum for the game ,which is creating such problem. So go to setting and try to change the setting for the game volume which will resolve your problem with the sound while playing Fear. This will defiantly solve your problem of sound while playing game.