Thread: Lenovo T61P and starcraft 2

Lenovo T61P and starcraft 2

I have Lenovo laptop which is running on windows 7 operating system pro of 64 bit. And in that there is t61p driver with 2.6ghz core 2, 2g ram and 570m FX card. When I was trying to play game on that at that time it get froze in the first level and when I have tried it for the second time then my system automatically get shut down. All this happen without notice. I think second time because of excess heat it get shut down. I don’t know what to do? Please if you have any solution of this then suggest me.

Re: Lenovo T61P and starcraft 2

I have also faced the similar issue. And second time it is shut down because of the overheating as you said. To solve this first you try to clean the fan of any dusts by taking off the keyboard and the palm rest. And for more information visit it’s official website. I think over there you will get more solution regarding this.

I think it is regarding your memory which is not sufficient. I am also using SC2 on a W500 with 4gb of ram. But now I have currently added 2GB RAM more. So I don’t have any problem regarding that. So you also upgrade your graphics card and I think it will fix your card. So just go for this.

if not he is on incorporated graphics the system RAM isn't having an impact on his video RAM amount. I honestly suspicion that going from 4gb to 6gb will make an considerable disparity in Starcraft. That is why I am telling you that upgrading your system from 4 GB to 6GB it doesn’t make much more difference in starcraft.

Try to remove that 1 and see that is it crashing now also? And if it goes away then problem is related to your motherboard then replace it if it is under warranty. Actually this topic is also well-known as or correlated to the 3D games on the T61P in which two memory sticks installed. And if it is run out of warranty then you have to buy other one.

I have seen here that one of user has suggested togo for the SC2. But here I just want to make one point clear that SC2 is decent but it takes very much of time to load the game. So if you are preparing for that so I will suggest you that don’t go for that. Otherwise it is up to you. Because I have read this limitation of SC2 from one of the site, and at that time I have changed my mind.

Here I want to clear that Blizzard entertainment have declares the overheating problems with the SC2 StarCraft II If your screen are lighting at the time of playing it then it is because of the your system get overheat. It happens because of the insufficient cooling. There are certain hardware who make your hardware to work really hard. This is as the game has not anything to do so it is above all now running on drawing the screen very quickly. Only temporary workaround is that simply go for the your Documents\StarCraft II Beta\variables.txt file and add this line there frameratecapglue=30 frameratecap=60
    You can also change these numbers according to your system.